Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipsy Tubie

Perris in not as sheltered as NPH. Plus you get the winds that blow in from the dessert....not at NPH.

story,my lil cousin tuben laguna beach (scotchmans cove) tried to make it in and wave flip him nicely,everytime i think of it brings tears to my eyes,laughing so freakin hard.only lost his glasses,held on to pole and lil tackle box.good kid dont lose pole or tackle.

Hey fisherman from long beach sounds like your cousin knows what is important......can't catch fish with glassess. Smart kid to grab the rod!!!! Trying to launch a tube in the surf is a B*TCH......got to time it just right!

I own 2 tubes, one of which is a very cheap model. I wanted to take my 11 year old daughter with me to Isabella but I was a little worrried about her being small and the high winds at Issy so I took the least stable tube to my pool to see just how dangerous they could be. I had to work a little to get the tube to flip and after it flipped I was able to slip free and get to the surface with no problem. Ev3en when trying to flip the tube I found that it was quite stable. I do not think there is much danger unless you are floating rivers or in high surf.

ok. yeah i was more interested to see how easy it is to slide out of the tube.. the flipping is more geared towards me losing my gear rather than fear of the water. haha

Depends on the tube.
    You have some room to wiggle around a bit but they usually have a cross bar or strap in front of you. You wouldn't really be able to fall out unless you were trying or forced. They're pretty stable. My current tube leaks all day man and rides half inflated with three rods vertical in the holder. I manage to stay upright and seated in the tube no probs. Mine even has like a 30" long by 10" wide piece of fabric and that's all I sit on on all day. like a swing set seat! just a strip of fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Mine even has like a 30" long by 10" wide piece of fabric and that's all I sit on on all day. like a swing set seat! just a strip of fabric.
    Sounds like you are fishing from a Caddis tube.......great tubes and very stable!

Yup.
    Good ol $50 Caddis Nevada "Rump Number". Half full of air in the pic below..
    I need to sew some foam into the seat or something.
    6lbs dry. Goes wherever I need it. Just add fins and life jacket.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-23-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Yup.
    Good ol $50 Caddis Nevada "Rump Number". :LiL: Half full of air in the pic below..
    NICE!!!! I fish from a Caddis Nav II......but my apron doesn't have that nifty drink holder

Yup.
    Good ol $50 Caddis Nevada "Rump Number". Half full of air in the pic below..
    Here Here. Love my Caddis. I didn't get a bucket like that with mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast