Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bought a new tube today.

Default Bought a new tube today.

I have a Togiak that I have had for a month and today I ordered an ODC 420. My son has a Big Horn. We hope to go to Castaic on 08-15-09. Maybe we will see some of you there.

Got to build rod holders.

hey congrats on the new tube. I too have a new one and am looking forward to gettin out there. Now if the knee and back co operate, The fifteenth sounds good to me..Hopefully we'll see ya out there..

I have a new one as well I would like make it up there as well.

I plan on bring there. Where does one go on the lake? I mean what part of the lake is tube friendly? I will be driving a white dodge truck. With two tubes in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo View Post
    I plan on bring there. Where does one go on the lake? I mean what part of the lake is tube friendly? I will be driving a white dodge truck. With two tubes in the back.
    Lagoon boat ramp. Straight down Lake Hughes Rd, first driveway after bridge...can't miss it. Not more than a mile from the I-5 off-ramp.
    $11 entry and $6 for watercraft permit (per craft, must be displayed while on water). Also, don't forget the PFD's. Lifeguards do check occasionally, and if they do you better have one.
    Careful on fishing locations...west side (swim beach) no fishing when open (Th-Sun). Try paradise cove (directly across from the launch ramp) and the spillway rip-rap (the bridge you'll drive over). The lagoon is not very large and the bass can be spread throughout it. The previous spots mentioned have produced well this year so far.
    Try oxblood Robo's (in the 4.5" and 7") and standard bass color Senkos. Rat-L Traps, cranks and topwaters will work (I hear especially topwaters lately).
    Hope this helps.
    LW

LW, thanks for the info.

The ODC 420 came in today.

Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure it will serve you well.

Opened the box today. Very impressed with the materials and construction of the ODC 420. Aired the unit up and hope to get it into water this weekend.

Made it to Castiac on the 15th. The wind was blowing and it was tough moving.

The son and I fished for a few hours and I caught 2 bluegills. I really like the lake. Saw three other tubers on the lake.

Will have to do it again. I would like to try the night tube fishing when I have a day off on that night.