Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TEAM 57 High Sierra Event (over 100 Photos) & Wingnut's Big Fish Story!

Exclamation TEAM 57 High Sierra Event (over 100 Photos) & Wingnut's Big Fish Story!

Team 57 hosted our second High Sierra gathering last weekend at Parcher's Resort at South Lake and AGAIN, it was another EPIC event!

We headed up 395 early Thursday morning....... and of course, we can't go by the "Jawbone" sign without taking a pic......

Then we made our customary stop at the Indian Wells Brewery for a case of their awesome Black Cherry Soda.....

This is a great little micro brewery and their brewmaster has put together some incredible custom beers as well as one of a kind sodas!......

Bottle, six pack, case, keg... whatever your prefer, they have it all!.... This is a fun little stop for the whole family when headed up 395.... they have guided tours and the kids will love all the sodas!.... they also have a great little steak house next door for those of you who happen to pass by after 4:00PM!

Put a few sodas in the ice chest and took off northbound........

Made a stop at Manzanar..... this is a MUST see stop for all of you headed up 395...... bought a couple t-shirts to help support....

Got suprisingly great mileage with my new truck.......
    Which left me with more money to spend on Donna. LOL! J/K!

Back on the road again........ and headed to Bishop for a simple but scrumptious lunch at the Village Cafe.....
    They're located at north end of Bishop.... just off of 395 at Sea Vee........

After a great lunch at one of the friendliest places in Bishop..... we headed up the hill towards South Lake.....

As always........ the scenery is epic....

10,000 feet in altitude later.... we arrived at Parcher's and the weather was nothing short of PERFECT.....

Spotted "Latefisher's" sweet boat right away......

Spotted the official Parcher's Resort mascot..... "Brookie".

Headed to our favorite cabin, unloaded the truck and made the cabin our home for the next few days.....

The locals were checking us out as we unpacked........

We had a great pancake breakfast Friday morning....... Wingnut, Badbeat, Donna & I planned our day and headed out......

As usual.... South Lake was spectacular......... as are most places in the Sierra's..... rather than keep giving a play by play....... Ill let a few pics here do the talking... it was a great day.......

Badbeat (Ben) and Arthur.......

The water clarity at South Lake was simply perfect!

Wingnut with one of his MANY fish....... and a few hours before he scored his epic PB trout...........

Donna with her VERY FIRST trout and one of many she caught over the weekend...........

Donna & I spent alot of time hanging out with quite a few TEAM 57 members......

Wingnut, BadBeat, CatchThatTrout, CatchThatTroutsBabe, NoName, LateFisher, BoogieFisher...... we're just a few of the people we had the opportunity to fish with......

We spent one morning fishing with John (LateFisher) and his family at South Lake and simply put...... they are ALL some great folks!....

Here's a few pics from that morning.....

LateFisher with one of his many fish........ (we all held them out as far as we could to try to make them look as big as Wingnut's big fish)

BoogieFisher with one of his many fish.......

Here's LateFisher's grandson with a beauty that later weighed in at Parcher's at 2.5!

Gotta love the smile!

We got to hang out with Tony, Simone, Junior & Tony's grandson...... which is ALWAYS fun!
    CatchThatTrout's grandson kept outfishing everyone with his Spiderman pole......

The "stockers" were pretty much wide open all day at South Lake..... we had a great time just hanging out and BS'ing with everyone...... and in between we did a little fishing.

We limited every day that we fished...... here's me with another stocker...... glasses and all......... and NO... Im not posing for the pic..... but rather trying to ease the pain in my leg and not fall on my butt after a full day of climbing over every rock that exists at South Lake......... (note to self: sign up for Jenny Craig)

Donna & I gathered up Wingnut & Badbeat and we all took off to do a little creek hopping and scouted some locations for another day.......

We hopped all over the place and stopped and fished here and there............... Donna found a nice little pool downstream and scored her first trout ever from a creek/stream........ and was thrilled! Released safely to fight another day!

Took a look at a few other places.........

Spent a wonderful morning fishing... and just about every spot we stopped at was holding fish..... a great day!

Just after 12.30 we decided to take a break....... so we headed to Bishop Creek Lodge for some lunch........

Ran into Webfoot (Bob) & his girlfriend (thats them behind us) at BCL and we all enjoyed a great lunch......

We decided to give Wingnut some serious time to fish an area that we scouted earlier............ and of course you know by now........ it paid off BIG TIME for Wingnut..... but Ill let HIM tell THAT story!

We headed back up to Parcher's for a little break before the TEAM 57 dinner later that night............. the resort was now full........

and Jared was already cooking the TEAM 57 feast!

and what a feast it was.........

Started with a great salad..... and then....

One of the BEST tri-tip dinners ever for a TEAM 57 event!
    I need your recipe Jared!

Oh.... and he also added some awesome mashed potatoes, sweet corn and buttermilk biscuits too!

Did I mention we had BBQ chicken too?.... YEE HAW!

and then he topped the TEAM 57 feast off with...............

MAN................ YA JUST GOTTA LOVE DESSERT! LOL!

I have more to say later....... but Jared, you & your crew did an outstanding job this year. The cafe was packed to the brim with TEAM 57 members and everyone had a great meal!

Donna & I had the pleasure of having dinner with Santa Fe Eric, his Dad, Wingnut & Greg.... and we couldnt have asked for better company!

I wish I could have had more time to sit and visit with each and every member........ it was great seeing so many old friends and making so many new friends! Dirty Girl & Garrett sat right next to us and it was nice to see them again and have the opportunity to chat with them, CatchThatTrout, Simone, Mr.Bendo, NoName and all the others at that table!

I hope everyone had as good as time as Donna & I did with all the good people who attended the TEAM 57 dinner! It sure looked to me like everyone was enjoying their dinner and company! Please post your stories!

Before I get into more details about the dinner & raffle......... I want to thank Yamafish (Rodger) and LadyFish (Rebecca) for the boat rental they donated to the TEAM 57 raffle!

We decided to give the boat rental away at the TEAM 57 breakfast we held on Friday morning.... as that would give whoever won it the opportunity to use it on Saturday!

Well, the winner was CatchThatTrout (Tony) !!!

Now....... theres more to the story. Tony was unable to use it on Saturday..... so, he RE-DONATED and we gave it away at the TEAM 57 dinner on saturday night!

Koshaw was the lucky winner!

THANKS AGAIN RODGER & REBECCA!

TEAM 57 donated about 35 free TEAM 57 t-shirts... and made sure EVERY registered FNN member who attended the dinner and was listed on the event thread got one FREE!

I would like to thank Dirty Girl (Chrissy) & Garrett (FisherBrat) for their support and donations to the TEAM 57 raffle......... Xy is always very humble and will probably not like me thanking her here publicly........ but she brought me a full bag full of goodies to give away which included passes to Irvine Lake, Blues Festival tickets, fishing lure holders... and more. Her "skunk hats" were the hit of the raffle! Thanks Xy!

TEAM 57 also donated 3 Richard Childress Knife Sets, decals for everyone that attended the dinner and some other misc items........

Thank you to "Wingnut Pug" for her donation of two very nice Bluetooths!

and.... a BIG thank you to Sue who donated an AWESOME PDA phone that was won by "BoogieFisher".... Sue is always one of the first to contact me when an event is announced and this was without a doubt, another VERY NICE prize from longtime TEAM 57 suppoorter "Sue"!

Here's some more pics from the dinner & raffle.....
    (sorry for the low light ones)

Exclamation

and last but not least.......THANK YOU.

Thanks to all the TEAM57 / FNN members who attended this GREAT event! I hope all of you had as good of time as Donna & I did.

I appreciate each and every one of you who participate in our events as YOU are the ones who make them fun & successful!

I am always humbled by the effort some members make to support these events and I always hate for them to end... as I never seem to get enough time with each of you.

I saw lots of happy faces over the four days I was there and I hope all of you will continue to attend TEAM 57 events and help spread the word of how much fun they are!

MY BIGGEST thanks go to those who help sponsor these events........

Jared and the entire staff at Parcher's resort...... you guys hit a home run! Thank you! Quite a few times over the weekend I had members tell me what a great job you guys were doing and how friendly everyone was! My cabin was as "top shelf" as always and I enjoyed every minute of my stay! Your cabins rock!

Thanks to Sue who continues to support each and every event that TEAM 57 has for your awesome donation!........ and a Happy Belated Birthday Gator!

Thanks again to Rodger (Yamafish) & Rebecca (Ladyfish) for the awesome boat rental donation! Sure wish you guys could have made it.....

Thanks to DirtyGirl & Fisherbrat for their donations and continued support! I am always very appreciative of your support Xy! Thanks for the e-mail this morning and I hope to see you guys at Legends III!

A special thanks to John Pelichowski at Stay Bent Fishing & Hunting Guide Services for the guide trip donation! What a great prize and I was proud to give it away! I hope to see you soon!

Thanks again to Tony (CatchThatTrout) for RE-DONATING the raffle prize he was unable to use and making yet another TEAM 57 member very happy!

and finally..... thank you Donna.
    As usual, I could not do ANY of this without your help. Most everyone has no idea how much you help me behind the scenes. Your constant dedication to TEAM 57 / FNN and every event we have helps put smiles on so many of our members faces. I couldnt ask for a better partner or a better woman. I love you.

CHECK OUT ALL 170 PHOTOS AT:
    WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TEAM57FISHING

Dana

I'm sure I have probably missed someone...... so PLEASE excuse me as my head is still spinning from such a great event! Ill add more later!

Very nice man! Sorry i missed you at Bishop Creek Lodge. If i saw you there during that time i would have stopped by and say hello! Time was so packed that i couldnt stop by the stream while heading down North Lake. See you at the next event. Signed up with Tracy and my bro.

Dana, that was a hella-good time! Great to see you and Donna as always. Thanks for the sweet shirt! I love the new logo!

Great post! Nice pics.

Donna, congrats on the nice stream trout, sure was perdy!

Can't wait till next year! LOL!

GM<<><

Really enjoyed the read and great pics. It always brings a smile to my face seeing everyone together having such good times. Props to everyone envolved.

Nice re cap of the 4 day event Dana. I saw most of the pics. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Dana - Had a great time (did you see those beer drunk eyes with the skunk hat?)!!!

Wish I had a chance to fish with those other tubers since I was out fishing by my lonesomes. Met lots of new people and plan to fish with many of them. Jarod did a great job hosting our group. You'll get my cheap a** to donate a few items for the next Team 57 event I attend. Can't wait until next year...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast