Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New Tuber Here! Need holdover fins and waders...

Default New Tuber Here! Need holdover fins and waders...

Hey guys -
    My wife got me a fish cat 4 for Father's Day, and I plan on getting some Hot Spots and higher-end breathable waders (not sure which at the moment, still researching). Til I save up some $$ to get those, I need some other, less-expensive but serviceable fins and waders. Any suggestions? Any input is appreciated!
    I really want to get out in the tube!! I plan on hitting up Perris and Silverwood as soon as I can.
    Looking forward to tubing w/ you guys soon!!!

Thanks and TIGHT LINES!
    pa

Patrick, You can get some fins VERY cheap at wallyWorld etc that will work.... $15??

I would recommend an old pair of socks or two, to protect feet, & keep from getting blisters on feet, (if not using waders, see below).. Just chuck them when done, they get stained from dirt/algae/weeds etc....

For Perris and the Wood. Right now the water is warm enough, you can go out with *no* waders and its nice (trunks or board shorts, feels great on hot days)...

Any other lakes, check for *Body Contact* rules. Some require waders, some do not allow Float Tubes at all...

Good luck, your gonna have a blast buddy... :D :D

I've been using a enexpensive pair of diving fins for years and I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter
    Patrick, You can get some fins VERY cheap at wallyWorld etc that will work.... $15??

I would recommend an old pair of socks or two, to protect feet, & keep from getting blisters on feet, (if not using waders, see below).. Just chuck them when done, they get stained from dirt/algae/weeds etc....

For Perris and the Wood. Right now the water is warm enough, you can go out with *no* waders and its nice (trunks or board shorts, feels great on hot days)...

Any other lakes, check for *Body Contact* rules. Some require waders, some do not allow Float Tubes at all...

Good luck, your gonna have a blast buddy... :D :D

frank you just made my day!!!
    guy @ sports chalet told me i had to have waders on everywhere. i told him i didn't see it in the regs, but he said ALL the lakes out here req'd them. PERRIS AND 'WOOD, HERE I COME :banana: :banana:

I use either caddis (which I don't recommend) or a set of US divers fins that came with a snorkel setup. Both are very cheep and work well enough. I was at Isabella today and even before 7 the water temp was OK without waders.