Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rod gurus...

Nice setup dude! I'm sure you'll love it too! It's true what he said about high mod. rods....they are pretty brittle....I've broken a Crucial already...lol...But the warranty is awesome and they don't ask anything! Mines is a 6'6" MH and I paired it with a Daiwa Sol 2500....

I think that's kinda why I trip out on these rods! They feel like they're compressed so tight they wanna snap!

TDG:
    Standard Texas holder in the handle like the MH-XF. I thought I was getting the d/s holder too but must have seen it on the DX68M model.

Geordy:
    Got this reel a while ago bro! Finally gonna get to use it right! I figured The Shimano warranty would be good backup. Gotta love the Sol mang!

'bout to go see if I can get a flyline or wacky fish from shore here in a couple hours.

PS..
    I think I'm sold on Seaguar Invizex again!
    I forgot how nice that stuff is! Now that they have sports authority in Mo val I can get it for $14 for a 200yrd 6lb spool across the street! Just the way they put the line on the spool is enough to sell me..

Woohoo! I can get some OK stuff very locally now! Hooks and plastics right here!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    PS..
    I think I'm sold on Seaguar Invizex again!
    I forgot how nice that stuff is! Now that they have sports authority in Mo val I can get it for $14 for a 200yrd 6lb spool across the street! Just the way they put the line on the spool is enough to sell me..

Woohoo! I can get some OK stuff very locally now! Hooks and plastics right here!
    invizx is the greatest thing ever... someone recommended it to me, and since then it's all I use

Still learning to trust my UL 4lb bassing setup as it is, and the chottos don't like that setup. I seem to miss the set a lot on 4lb with those.

See! I knew the cumara would win your heart again!!! Just finding the right one. I love the fast actions in them instead of the xfast.

With my core, I'm still able to toss out a 1/16 oz chotto. Those hooks are sharp and i've never missed a fish on a chotto shank hook with my cumara

Coming to this discussion a bit late. (Got to try that Sequar line)

Anyways, you already got your rod and mentioned that you don't really care too much for the high modulus stuff. I guess it depends on how important you deem sensitivity to be. I love the high mod stuff, the lighter the better. Your Cumara is pretty high modulus and is obviously a nice rod.

If you are casting from shore wide open, then I think even a 8' would be good for max range.

For UL drop shotting, I would choose a high mod, 2-8lbs, and 8' length....

UL

Had a great morning with the cumara.

I might end up looking for a nicer 4lb rod too for those wacky Japanese presentations eventually. I already have a semi new Saros 1000 that's pretty dang smooth I use for 4lb fluoro that would suit it nicely..

Had a great morning with the cumara.

I might end up looking for a nicer 4lb rod too for those wacky Japanese presentations eventually. I already have a semi new Saros 1000 that's pretty dang smooth I use for 4lb fluoro that would suit it nicely..
    i'm using the 6'8" Cumara dropshot rod for my 4lb stuff paired with my Saros 1000 and i love it... highly recommended.

TJ-

Another rod series that hasn't been mentioned would be the St. Croix Legend Tournament Series. They are pretty freaking sweet rods and seem to fit the description that you are looking for. For whatever reason those rods don't get a lot of publicity, but I've fished them and love them. If I had to outfit a boat with a line of rods I'd probably be looking at Dobyns, Gloomis and St. Croix personally. It's tough for me to look anywhere else than those 3 brands although I'm sure the Steez rods would be pretty sweet if they are anything like the Steez line of reels.

Check em out....
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...OIX-SCLTS.html

Quote Originally Posted by Largemouth_Mitch View Post
    TJ-

Another rod series that hasn't been mentioned would be the St. Croix Legend Tournament Series. They are pretty freaking sweet rods and seem to fit the description that you are looking for. For whatever reason those rods don't get a lot of publicity, but I've fished them and love them. If I had to outfit a boat with a line of rods I'd probably be looking at Dobyns, Gloomis and St. Croix personally. It's tough for me to look anywhere else than those 3 brands although I'm sure the Steez rods would be pretty sweet if they are anything like the Steez line of reels.

Check em out....
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...OIX-SCLTS.html
    Mitchum,

TJ has expressed his dislike in st croix sticks in another thread.

I don't like Dob or phoenix or st croix or any of that stuff. Not my style.
    Those tournament series feel pretty money tho. I couldve sworn that older generation st croix tournament series didn't have a split rear grip, but I could be wrong.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast