Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MATT D'S bass boat project!!!

Good luck on the project.

I'll drop the race start flag on SS tacklejunkie

haha thanks guys...i didnt get a chance to get the wood today because of all the fathers day stuff going on so im going to homedepot and getting the wood than to west marine or somewhere like to get the carpet... one of my father in laws buddys also my wifes best friends dad is going to paint my boat...he has the sprayer and already did a awesome custom 2 tone paint job on his boat..so i figure i buy the paint and just pay him for labor hopefully i can get it done for under 200... we well see... proly will pick up the passanger seat and the drivers seat tomorrow as well...

i found 2 different types of carpet.. one thats the texture of astro turf (indoor outdoor carpet i think its called) or the "normal" carpet thats in newer bass boats...any one have any experience with the 2?

Hey bro, I was at West Marine earlier today and didn't find any carpet. As a matter of fact, they didn't carry any of the items I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    Hey bro, I was at West Marine earlier today and didn't find any carpet. As a matter of fact, they didn't carry any of the items I was looking for.

damn that sux...maybe BPS.. there has to be some boat shops around here...hmmm maybe ill just put some astro terf lol it will look like grass on the boat haha

The carpet on the big rolls at home depot is just as good as any and cheap as well. My dad has refurbished a few boats and the carpet came from the depot. As long as you dont let the sun rot the carpet you wont have any problems.

how long does it last compared to boat carpet? i know you cover it while parked but what about time on the water

As long as its taken care of its gonna last you. And if your worried about it I believe Lowes and Home Depot both carry carpet that is outdoor and marine grade. Either way you go, Lowes/HomeDepot is going to be cheaper than Bass Pro or a marine shop.

definately go to Home Depot or Lowes for your carpet!
    if you are able to, take the doors of the compartment out of the boat and wrap the carpet over the edge to the back, fold the corners neatly and use a staple gun to secure it! Good Luck dude.

johnsfishing

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    It's alright Geordy, you can be the camera man.
    LOLOLOLOLOL....I'll keep the camera though....hahaha....Hey Matthew, I saw some outdoor carpet at home depot....It's the good stuff though,i think like $5-6 a yard.....My lowe needs carpeting too,but I don't really care....It smells and I'm not worried to keep it clean anyways! Blood is spilt al inside! Woohoooooo!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast