Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Need a little advise!

Default Need a little advise!

Hi im kinda new to the whole salt water fishing and was wondering what would be good bait to catch croakers and corbinas on UL set up on the surf.

Default try these

ghost shrimp, soft shell sand crabs with roe or without. Small morf grubs.
    Also mussel is really good for the croakers.

Carolina rig or high lo rig.

Default try these

ghost shrimp, soft shell sand crabs with roe or without. Small morf grubs.
    Also mussel is really good for the croakers.

Carolina rig or high lo rig.

ghost shrimp for croaker and perch. sand crabs for corbina. gulp camo sandworms(fish crack) for everything.

Corbinas and croakers are as different as light and day. Corbinas are actively feeding up in the skinny. They like softshell sandcrabs and I think the reason why they like fresh mussles is that the mussles have that bright orange look kinda like the roe on the sandcrabs. Corbinas are very picky and that is because they can be! That's why when they are feeding on SC's they usually only hit the softshells. Softshells with roe on the bottom side are like candy to them. As far a croakers are concerned....I've always picked them up on beaches with deeper dropoffs and on a variety of things but it seem that I always get them on bloody GSW's or squid.I usually don't target croakers but always pick them up when I make a change to Bloody colored GSW's from using the Camo ones.When fishing the shallows you will usually pick up a mix of Corbinas and Barred surf perch but the croakers will be in the deeper water past the first break.