Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net Fishing

Default Net Fishing

Hi everyone .. New to the board and fairly new to the rod fishing scene i mean i have always had them but never knew what to use how to rig until recently and now even more in detail in the forum..

I still have not started venturing out to the parks and lakes but i am a 10+ year veteran fishing the canals out in Poston Az around the C.R.I.T reservation where we fished them every start of the year in January when they will lower the water to clean out the canals. If we did not take them they would most likely die . I grew up eating carp and love it .. But now i want to switch in to the rod and reel scene and feel the fight with those monster carps and cats so i will definitely on here a lot sticking my head around.

Here are some Pics of one of our trips

-Chandy !!

Looks like a lotta fish in a little spot!

Quote Originally Posted by TShaffer View Post
    Looks like a lotta fish in a little spot!
    From the top of the canal you see the cloudy pools where they are all at Vs the clear water around

Ever tried rod and reel fishing there?

Default Have to ask

Sorry, but I have to ask
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Cat View Post
    Sorry, but I have to ask this question since no one else is. Is that not against the law? Maybe I'm wrong but I know you can not use a net in california (anywhere) and that reservation is on both sides of the river and I see that you friends have their faces blocked out, so that also puts it in question. Again, not a hater, just had to ask. If it is legal great job.

Later
    Desert cat
    Hey Desert Cat

To be honest i dont know what the laws are there but we fished this area for 10+ years and will purchase our fishing and camping permit to camp out in the reservation. The fish and game officers from the reservation would come out check our licenses and would never say we could not do it we would give them fish and they would even show us other spots to fish at . As for my buddys well i blurr there faces out because i dont know if they would appreciate me posting pictures of them without there permission..

As for fishing rod and reel.. Thats exactly what i wont to do but not sure what kind of setup to use.. Not to intrested in the carp but intrested on the cats and bass .

Casting nets and seines are legal to use in Az. for taking rough fish and bait fish.
    Keep in mind though that the mere possession of a casting net while fishing in Ca. is considered proof of usage so if you plan on fishing in Ca. leave the net at home.

Unless your on a reservation and a member of the tribe right?

Thats kind of cool, although I question the fun in it and the brutal efficiency of it all. There is no shortage of carp. However, if you rigged up a 4lb mono spinning outfit and some size 18 trebles with a kernel of corn on each barb you and your buddies would have a hell of alot more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Thats kind of cool, although I question the fun in it and the brutal efficiency of it all. There is no shortage of carp. However, if you rigged up a 4lb mono spinning outfit and some size 18 trebles with a kernel of corn on each barb you and your buddies would have a hell of alot more fun.
    LoL... I agree and i am itching to do this .. but its getting hot out there. i once was stuck out there in some sand for 6 hours and the only shade out was the shade my truck was casting LoL 110 degress..

What kind of setup will one use to fish for some bass ? No live bait but more on the artificial side ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast