Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: carp dying

Was out on Mohave this morning. Only saw one carp and it was on the surface, dying. Didn't meter one single fish in the 3 hours of trolling the lake. Dual beam sonar and not ONE fish metered............hope things turn around.

do you think if you ate one of those carps, you would get herpes? lol.....

just got back from the river and "Bluehunters" WCCM Catfish tournament, spent 3days on the river from the Palo Verde dam 6 miles south down river, never saw any dead carp.

Was going to go over and talk to the dude that owns the goldfish farm in Blythe and see what he knows, and even if knows about it, with his 100+ acres of goldfish ponds with millions of goldfish in them I would think It would be of some interest to him. all of his ponds are fed fresh water off of the main canal that runs threw Blythe

The problem started up around Laughlin and moved down the river system. I guess we can call this poplution control? It's been going on for 4 weeks now...

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    just got back from the river and "Bluehunters" WCCM Catfish tournament, spent 3days on the river from the Palo Verde dam 6 miles south down river, never saw any dead carp.

Was going to go over and talk to the dude that owns the goldfish farm in Blythe and see what he knows, and even if knows about it, with his 100+ acres of goldfish ponds with millions of goldfish in them I would think It would be of some interest to him. all of his ponds are fed fresh water off of the main canal that runs threw Blythe
    Are u talking about that gas station/Burger place that has those 2 ponds in the front and has alot of goldfish tanks in the store with bubble eyed fish?

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    Are u talking about that gas station/Burger place that has those 2 ponds in the front and has alot of goldfish tanks in the store with bubble eyed fish?
    nope, the goldfish farm is around the corner from B&B Bait, farm is just south of 8 ave on C&D blvd/7th st, has about 70 ponds at about a acre a piece,, man in Blythe can't think of a gas station with a burger joint, let alone one that has a pond or tanks inside, thought I've been just about every were in Blythe

my little sister is out at havasu right now and she told me that the water is disgusting and that there are dead fish just everywhere. i wonder if shes going wakeboarding

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    nope, the goldfish farm is around the corner from B&B Bait, farm is just south of 8 ave on C&D blvd/7th st, has about 70 ponds at about a acre a piece,, man in Blythe can't think of a gas station with a burger joint, let alone one that has a pond or tanks inside, thought I've been just about every were in Blythe
    Yea we needed gas on the way up to laughlin 2 weeks ago and stopped at the place im talking about. the front has 2 good sized ponds the walls are like a foot up off the ground so its a above ground ponds if that makes any sense, There painted bright white and have some fountains in the middle of them. We went inside for snacks but didnt get nothing place was soooo expensive i think they were charging like 4-5 bucks for a small bag of Corn Nutts & 10 for a bag of beef jerky. My girl was like hell no i aint paying for this and walked out lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234