Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire Redondo Sportfishing Report 6/21

Default Spitfire Redondo Sportfishing Report 6/21

Zzang ,his friend (Alex) and I planned to do the spitfire today so we went. I woke up at 3am getting ready out the door by 3:30. I got on the freeway and just crused controlled since Zzang wasnt leaving till 3:45. We met up at 7-11 for some coffee before going. Then headed to the landing.Bought our tickets and off we where around 6:15 . Craig was driving the boat today , with Derrick as the cook and Morgan as the deckhand . Great crew try them out.Morgan told me 2 for 1 starts every tuesday next week so guys if u wanna try it go out

Destination THE ISLAND .Trip was around 2 and half hours. But we got there .

We started around the middle part of the island. Broke out my new torium 14 with 20lb test for its test run. After a few cast . First calico hooked. After that it slowed down for me . Managed to hook a Bonito in about the 3rd stop. Alot of Yellows boiling but none wanted to play. Craig tried hard to find us fish but none wanted to play. Made spots here and there towards the west end with little success. Close to the end of the day we made one last stop. i thought i was going home with 1 calico and 1 bonito but all hell broke loose. Calicos gone bananas . I was getting back to back to back calicos. Most people where fishing the sardine but i was using whole squid with 1 ounce slider and getting hit. Slowly most of the people in the boat switched to Squid and it was mayham in back of the stern. lol Craig called it a day around 3 pm i think (lol lost track of time)

SanDimasLMB and another fnn member forgot his nick lol was there to (sorry)

O ya the torium 14 is the bomb light powerful. Nice combination. It was so good i didnt even use my other setups.

my total count in the sack

4 calicos ( Alot of shorts released maybe 7 or 8)
    1 Bonito
    1 Opaleye (FAT ONE BIGGEST IVE SEEN) CHECK THE PIC
    3 blue perch

Zzang count in the sack

1 bonito
    2 blue perch

Alex (First time in the boat)

4 calicos (Alot of short released)
    1 Opaleye
    and a few perch

TEAM 57 REPRESENTIN' HOLLA

Hakaveli

PS ZZANG DIDNT WANT TO HAVE PICTURES OF HIM but i got him haha

HAHHAAHHAHAHA, I DIDNT EVEN KNOW U GOT A PICTURE WHILE I WAS SLEEPING U LITTLE HOE. WAS FUN. OH YEA, I HATE MIKE.

zZaNg also had 4 calico's (short), oh yea, in the 3rd picture that's mike bending over (doing what he does best). and the 4th picture is sandimaslmb on the right.

:rofl: thats why u dont fall asleep around the homies with that last pic posted...sucks that no YT wanted to bite but u guys came up on some fish :D

betta luck next time 8)
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the report. I have a TN14 that I use with 15# and it's killer. Very cool they came out with a Tor14. I'm gonna have to get one soon for 15 and move my Tn14 to 20#.

What rod did you put it on?

Quote Originally Posted by plankton
    Thanks for the report. I have a TN14 that I use with 15# and it's killer. Very cool they came out with a Tor14. I'm gonna have to get one soon for 15 and move my Tn14 to 20#.

What rod did you put it on?
    i put it on a 800xl worked flawlessly

thanks for the report hak! btw...what was the jackpot fish?

Quote Originally Posted by victor101
    a barely legal cuda

Quote Originally Posted by hakaveli
    a barely legal cuda
    Man, no yellows........&#4 6;they were busting the surface all over the frontside :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by fishncatalina
    Quote Originally Posted by hakaveli
    a barely legal cuda
    Man, no yellows........&#4 6;they were busting the surface all over the frontside :wink:
    ya we saw them but couldnt get them to bite

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast