Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hit up prado today

Default hit up prado today

fish for cats all morning ch liver night crawlers no luck moved closer to shore 50 to 60 blue gill on wax worms most palm size or smaller 15 to 20 a little bigger all released.

What area did you try for cats? Talked to someone there over a month ago and he said he had luck using shrimps towards the back of the lake

Do you eat the fish from there? I heard its cow dung runoff water - I dunno tho?

Quote Originally Posted by FishBalls View Post
    Do you eat the fish from there? I heard its cow dung runoff water - I dunno tho?
    I could be wrong but I believe they fixed that issue

Most of the dairies in the area are gone. I might be concerned if we had several days of heavy rain. Those catfish are stockers anyway, I don't think they are in the lake long enough to pose a serious threat.

Every time I have been there, I see several people targeting and catching carp to take home and eat. I think that could be a little dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Most of the dairies in the area are gone. I might be concerned if we had several days of heavy rain. Those catfish are stockers anyway, I don't think they are in the lake long enough to pose a serious threat.

Every time I have been there, I see several people targeting and catching carp to take home and eat. I think that could be a little dangerous.
    What areas were they fishing? I have always wanted to fish for carp there. I am just a C&R type of guy so I wont eat em.

They are all over that lake. Usually the guys catching them use a home made dough from corn meal. I've seen some use rods rated for 50 lb test and watched the rod double over and the line snap while in a rod holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    They are all over that lake. Usually the guys catching them use a home made dough from corn meal. I've seen some use rods rated for 50 lb test and watched the rod double over and the line snap while in a rod holder.
    I'm a lite line fisherman. Use no bigger than 4 Lb test for the carp I catch :)

Default Camping

Has anyone camped @ this lake (prado) if so how is it. Wanna go camping and trying to find a good spot first time camping.

i remember one of the other guys saying he got his tackle stolen in the middle of the night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast