Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The tail of "The Dual Grand Slam"

Nice report guys, Im glad to see the multi species worked out in your favor.

Killa

Great trip you guys! Thanks for the pics and the narrative.

So glad you boys got together for this trip.

awesome report and pics man

What's the empty shotgun shell doing behind the Keystone Light?

Great job on the pics. Nice story...

Great report TJ!!!

You and Skyler know how to have a great time out there!!

Felt like I was there the whole trip!! I remember doing those kind of trips with my dad, minus the fishing, just treking around in the outdoors for a few days. I cant wait to find some time to do that with my son only with the fishing.

Great pictures with great captions!!

On that pic with the dust devil behind the sign.... so the sign got in the way at that split second?

Default Great post - Great Scenery - Great times.

I'm new to this board and this post is great. A grand slam is always something to be proud of. Looks like you guyes really tear it up! I really love hitting the backcountry lakes for brookies and goldens. Is that Long Lake you guys were fishing?
    Hit me up for info on some other backcountry lakes as I know a few that give up 20" trout consistently.
    I'm also looking to fish with someone that uses mini jigs as fly fishing as that is all I really know how to do. But it sure works great in the backcountry. Maybe we can take a trip. Keep up the great posts.

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    Great report TJ!!!

On that pic with the dust devil behind the sign.... so the sign got in the way at that split second?
    Thanks klocked.
    Yes, that picture with the dust devil was completely unintentional.
    I was taking a pic of the tornado when the gusty wind sign got right in the shot. Definitely a freak accident I wasn't trying to make happen. I had no idea the sign was coming up, and even if I did would probably not have been able to time it perfect to nail both in the same shot out my side windown while doing 65mph.

Loco,
    Be careful with your spots dude. Hang on to them tight. They can get run down quick if you post them in the public! I'd be glad to share spots with you sometime. I'm sure we'll talk later. ;)
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-07-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks, guys. It was one helluva time, that's for sure.

Wingnut: It's a good thing we actually brought a hatchet to bury, otherwise we probably wouldn't have had fire the second night, lol.

Greg: The shot shell is there as a shim, so i can open my door from the inside. But I was also strapped the whole trip, in case of bears/etc. If you look closely at this pic, you can see my shotgun sitting in front of my tent (the red one):

A bit of buckshot makes for a pretty good insurance policy, he he. Tight lines, guys.

-Skyler

Thanks for the advice TackleJunkie. I'm brand new to posting here , but been lurking once in a while before. Let's talk soon. I guess I take advantage that everyone C&R, but I know that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    Thanks for the advice TackleJunkie. I'm brand new to posting here , but been lurking once in a while before. Let's talk soon. I guess I take advantage that everyone C&R, but I know that isn't true.
    Welcome aboard, Loco. TJ has seen plenty of good spots get rushed due to too much info being posted on the forum. His advice comes from experience. Most of us do indeed CPR, but there is also a large group of anglers who keep everything they catch, regardless of size, species, or ecological circumstances. And this forum is open to viewing by guests. It only takes a few of the bad ones (they tell their friends, then they tell their friends, and so on) to totally screw a small native fish population, so we creekers usually just post our reports without a location, and share spots with each other via PM. Hit me up if you ever wanna fly fish the SBNF. Tight lines.

-Skyler

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast