Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtratuf Boot sizing?

Default Xtratuf Boot sizing?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get an idea of boot sizing on Xtratufs. I normally wear 8.5-9 shoes. Should I go down to 8.0 with insoles? I'm assuming I prob won't need the fancy insulated one. Just the basic brown boots.

Any advice?

Definitely don't buy without trying them on first, WITH your insoles. Xtra-Tuffs supposedly run a half size large, but that's if you have a "normal" foot. You might not find that to be the case if you don't fall into that category. I have a wide foot and found I would've had to go up at least a half size, probably one for comfort, with my insoles (Super Feet). I purchased Izorline Viking boots a few years ago that were designed for large and/or wide feet. I don't think these are available any longer. Since then, I bought a pair of Muck Cikana booties. Supremely comfortable and insole friendly!

go to Baja Fish Gear or Sav On Tackle and try them on. I normally wear a 11 1/2....I bought a 12 and they fit fine....months later i put insoles in them and they feel too tight with insoles...but yeah....try them on.

They run a size BIGGER guys...at least they used to....i wear a 12, and a size 11 xtra tuff....to be safe TRY A PAIR on first

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    They run a size BIGGER guys...at least they used to....i wear a 12, and a size 11 xtra tuff....to be safe TRY A PAIR on first

GD
    You only wear size 12? You said you wuz hung like a horse..you liar

If you have wide feet, AND you want to put insoles in, do yourself a favor and buy at least one size up w/Xtra Tuffs.

I made this mistake last year, and ended up just giving away the boots to a friend and buying a pair of cheapy blue ones at Fisherman's an hour before the boat left. LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63power View Post
    You only wear size 12? You said you wuz hung like a horse..you liar
    can u sit yet....

GD

^^^ u got brokeback'd

Poor yimmy!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I HIGHLY recommend getting insoles for the boots. Get the Dr. Scholl's gel cushion ones. They run like 10-15 bucks or something like that but WELL worth it. I usually wear a size 10 and got a size 11 in xtratuff boots and when you add the insoles to it it's nice and comfortable.

With the Dr. Scholl's insoles I wore them all day comfortably for 4 day's straight when I went to Guadalupe last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast