Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating in Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I just don't understand why some people are bagging on Jacks. I went there the food was great and service was great too. I guess we went there on a good day? I will hit up the village Cafe next trip.
    I don't think anyone is bagging on Jacks....cool restaurant, great history, and the mounts on the walls make the atmosphere awesome...but their food, while it is good, isn't as awesome as the gigantic browns hanging on the walls like some folks would say. It's good, and some things are very good, but being the breakfast maniac I am....it's a bit overrated when compared with a lot of the places out there. If the question is where to get the best breakfast in town, the Village is the place...if the question is where to get the second best breakfast in Bishop (again, we're talking food only), it's Jack's.

Since we're talking food and I'm hungry - best B&G within 200 miles is the Breakfast Club in Mammoth(from scratch biscuits bigger than your fist!).....Machaca & Eggs, Good Life in Mammoth.....Chicken Fried Steak, my place and then second place is Tom's Place on Rock Creek.......mmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for breakfast........

Bes Breakfasts ever IMO?....Broken Yolk in SD county, Black Bear Diner in Susanville, Sabrina's in Philly and my buddy's aunt's joint called Candy's in Yucaipa(don't think it's there anymorel).

And whomever said Whiskey Creek is overrated.......is right. Not a knock but when you're the only semi-fancy place in town, it is what it is. Top 5 happy hours ever though..and very nice folks.

Hand's down, one of the best Breakfast I've had in Bishop was at Parchers Resort. Stop by and I'm sure Smitty will take care of you.

Smitty wrote
    Since we're talking food and I'm hungry - best B&G within 200 miles is the Breakfast Club in Mammoth(from scratch biscuits bigger than your fist!).....Machaca & Eggs, Good Life in Mammoth.....Chicken Fried Steak, my place and then second place is Tom's Place on Rock Creek.......mmmmmmmmmm. Can't wait for breakfast........

My favorite in Mammoth is the Stove..................
    A Fella can really get stuffed there,especially on the Wagon-wheel pancakes.....

The Stove is great,

Thanks for the info, I will definitly check out a couple of the places you guys suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by GET DA NET View Post
    Jack's, they have the best chicken fried steak w/country gravy........
    so true get da net. don't forget about the huge pancakes and the friendly service.

i like checking out all the record trout catches mounted on the walls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubble View Post
    Smitty wrote

My favorite in Mammoth is the Stove..................
    A Fella can really get stuffed there,especially on the Wagon-wheel pancakes.....
    The Stove is another good one.....that is one nice thing about Mammoth, there are a lot of great restaurants there.

Default How far is Parcher's off 395?

jus wunderin

Quote Originally Posted by GET DA NET View Post
    Jack's, they have the best chicken fried steak w/country gravy........

i had BAD things happen to me for 3 days after i ate that at jacks last november. i cannot bring myself to eat that particular dish again there. maybe i will try the village creek place.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Patrick are you trying to tell me jack's is better than Micky D's?

TD
    I'll take a Micky D's over Jack's any day, any time. The Village Cafe is the best for breakfast IMO, for Bishop anyway.

I have always loved Jack in the box. But make sure you check for you order before hitting the 395. No damn honey mustard with my friggin chicken strips last time through.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast