Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Vine 6/2/09 The Last Slay For Now...

Default The Vine 6/2/09 The Last Slay For Now...

I decided to take my Dad to the Vine for one more Slay before he goes into the hospital for his stomach cancer surgery on June 10. We met my cousin at the lake and got on the water with his boat by 630 am. The lake was really slow and very empty. There was only about 4 boats on the water and a few kayaks. We headed to our spot on the west shore. No bites for the first 2 hours, then my cousin ROBDOG hooked up. We saw the Magic Man Mitz pass us by and headed further down. Another hour past by and nothing! All we saw was a Coyote next to us, who seemed to be more curious than scared. We then headed towards Mitz to see how he was doing. He had 3 already, so we anchored up on the other side of him. I guess his magic was in the water because as soon as i casted out, BAMM! I hooked up! We were all using garlic power bait. Then my cousin hooked up, then my dad. Seemed like the bite had stopped, so i switched up to my favorite Gulp worm /salmon egg set up, casted out and Bamm!!! I saw a big fish jump out, the fish fought great for about a good 15 minutes! Finally after he tired out, he was brought in and he weighed 4.7 lbs! What a nice heavy fish, Mitz said that was a rare catch and was happy for me. I then hooked up with something that was really big, because I thought I was going to get spooled! I fought it for a few minutes then a big Crane fly right into my line and tangled himself up, so i had no choice but to cut the line to free him up. I guess I will never know what was on the other end of my line. We all caught our limit in the next hour and went to fish for Crappie, but no luck! We caught 15 Trout and could of kept going. There is still a lot of Trout left but you have to go find them. The water was a steady 74 degrees and the fish were all in about 28 feet of water. Another lady had hooked up with a Trout that had to be at least 12-15 lbs, she had no drag on and tried to force the fish to her net and when it was almost in, the fish snapped her line and got away. Another great Day and Slay at the VINE!!!!!

Last edited by Troutslayer620; 06-03-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Way to go slayer & pops & cuz. Man i was going to get a pm out to you & tell you not to go. mon mitz & i looked all over, we caught very few. thats not the best part got hooked on some weeds, pulled a lil to hard and SNAP.A brand new costum 7ft rod gone just like that. that maxima 3lb is the bomb.or a rod snaper anyway jimmy & i looked at the rod and looks like a flaw 4 sure. nice fish & pics bro keep on slayen. l8r scott

Cool stuff ! Great trout slay !

Another awesome day at the Vine, nice job!

My thoughts will be with your Dad, keep us updated on his progress buddy!

TD

I just saw this post. Nice going on the trout. Hope your Dad will be ok after surgery today. My prayers are w/ him & your family.