Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its been 14 days....

Default Its been 14 days....

That I quite smoking. I had the Flu and then it got to my lungs. ( Cold ) I went to the Dr's and had to take time off of work. My mom has gotten sick also. This strain of Crud is really bad. Anyway, Today it has been 2 weeks ( 14 Days ). I still crave a smoke. I am determined to quite this time. I have changed my diet and am eating healthy. This has helped . I also have lost some weight. This is all good for me. I still am sick and not sure I am feeling the full effects of not smoking yet. This is cold turkey quitting. I am really stoked that this time I will be able to quite for good. I just thought I would share. Thanks for reading.

Congrats on your new endeavor. All's you really need is DETERMINATION. A great support group is helpfull too, but it's really all up to YOU. I'm on 52 days myself. I also did it cold turkey starting while I was sick (cough), though mine ended up being a more serious condition (hodgkins lymphoma). Withdrawals only lasted about 3 weeks. I warned the wife that I might be a bit short fused, but with her support I stuck to it.

Technically it only takes 1 week for the nicotine to leave your body. Thereafter it's only your habit that bugs. Try keeping your mouth busy with stuff like sunflower seeds, carrot bits, peaches, grapes, etc and you'll be good.

You can try adding a signature to your posts which includes a quitmeter to help visualize your progress. It REALLY is a motivation booster.

Congrats again!

Last edited by mickeysindahouse; 06-02-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Congrats man, keep it up u will make!!!

Great job Parick.....way to go brother....

GD

Good for you Patrick! Good luck on staying the course.

congrants man! We're here for your support. With the money you save you can buy a new boat!

Thats good news Patrick. Keep it up.

You can do it Bro!
    Blessings on your quitting smoking!

Eric

Feel better Patrick, keep up the good work!

TD

Please keep at it Patrick, when you get to be our age, it's time to get serious about your health...

Stay strong!

SCG7

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast