Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

thanks dude-et that will probably fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by lovefofish View Post
    I bought some clear coat today and tryed it out on a jig head. I just dipped it and it melted the paint off. it totaly ate the paint away to where the clear coat has chartrouse paint in it now. any input?
    Are you sure you dipped it clear coat, not acetone...? lol
    I put a very light clear coat over the dots, just a quick swipe. If you actually try to paint it with several brush strokes, it will melt the dots. Good luck!

I did a few of my hard baits today a few were just trashed. I am most pleased with the sardine LC. WSB one is getting nail polish remover. for sure.

I call this one shred, I tried to imitate a smelt or grunion that had been short bit.

Last edited by lovefofish; 07-23-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefofish View Post
    I did a few of my hard baits today a few were just trashed. I am most pleased with the sardine LC. WSB one is getting nail polish remover. for sure.

I call this one shred, I tried to imitate a smelt or grunion that had been short bit.

Not bad... good job! The raked bait is a good idea.

Good idea. I've done a rake-injury pattern on a Rapala Husky Jerk, it worked great for LMB.

I need to get some pearl LC's...

I just can't stay away from this thread. I haven't fished from the surf in probably 15 years. Going to head out soon. Tried to buy some LC flash minnows at BPS but they had none. Too bad because I had a $100.00 gift card
    and some paint markers wanting to be used. I will have to check around at some other shops. Thanks Arthur for all of the creative ideas and all those who add to the post.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    I just can't stay away from this thread. I haven't fished from the surf in probably 15 years. Going to head out soon. Tried to buy some LC flash minnows at BPS but they had none. Too bad because I had a $100.00 gift card
    and some paint markers wanting to be used. I will have to check around at some other shops. Thanks Arthur for all of the creative ideas and all those who add to the post.
    Bps in Rancho used to have them on the SAltwater side next to the Daiwa SP's but they clearanced them out a few months ago. They only carried 4 of the most obscure colors though so no loss there.

Bass pro shops has a 1.99 bin. Maybe there are good ones to doctor up in there?heck, the price is right :)

Shred= success 3rd cast :) :) :)

Last edited by lovefofish; 07-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Here's my first try at the "raked" bait design.
    Going to put it in action very soon.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast