Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

this is probably my favorite thread. I look at this and then I look at what I do and just want to give up.

p.s. Im too scared to paint on my LC's so I only mess with the BPS suspending. they come out nothing like this.

Default LC Flash Minnow 130MR

Some custom Flash Minnow 130MR's rolling off the weapons assembly line.
    The new ordnance will see action this weekend.

very nice that bottom one is very sweet. I love the missing scales.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefofish View Post
    very nice that bottom one is very sweet. I love the missing scales.
    Well, here's the first fish I caught with it.
    No Halibut yet.

From top to bottom:
    Flash Minnow 100 SP
    Flash Minnow 110 SP
    Flash Minnow 130 MR
    Flash Minnow 190 Magma

That 190 is sweet. calicos would destroy that thing.

A little painting tip (I tole paint)- to get the little dots, you can get tooth picks and sand the ends a tiny little bit, dip the toothpick in the paint, then on the lure. If you want larger dots, sand more off of the toothpicks or use wooden scuers (sp?). If you are using nail polish, they have ones that are quick drying (1 minute). If you are nervous to try it, remember, NAIL POLISH REMOVER. : )

Very cool thread! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Last edited by Karyn; 07-09-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyn View Post
    A little painting tip (I tole paint)- to get the little dots, you can get tooth picks and sand the ends a tiny little bit, dip the toothpick in the paint, then on the lure. If you want larger dots, sand more off of the toothpicks or use wooden scuers (sp?). If you are using nail polish, they have ones that are quick drying (1 minute). If you are nervous to try it, remember, NAIL POLISH REMOVER. : )

Very cool thread! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Thanks for the tip Karyn, using a toothpick is a great idea.
    Sometimes it's hard to control the size of the dot with the nail polish brush.
    I also put a thin layer of clear coat over the dots to protect them a little while longer while surf fishing. Otherwise, the sand takes them off rather quickly.
    Thanks for your input.

I bought some clear coat today and tryed it out on a jig head. I just dipped it and it melted the paint off. it totaly ate the paint away to where the clear coat has chartrouse paint in it now. any input?

Not trying to hijack this thread-- however, since I am a girl, I know a little bit about nail polish and how to use it and can share some info...

Wingnut- You are welcome. They also sell a stylus at Michaels that has a metal round tip to it. When I feel kinda wild, I use the toothpick trick to decorate my nails (polka dots, tiger looking things, flowers- etc) and then just throw it away when I'm finished. Just FYI- they also have a crackle nail polish. It wouldn't work for your dots though. But maybe if you wanted to get creative? Also, if you go to Michaels they have shinny stickers. I am not sure how that might work out, but you could try it.

Lovefofish- You probably got too much polish on your jig. Perhaps you might want to paint it on with the brush it comes with and use fast drying polish. They have 60 second drying polish- and if your polish gets to thick, put a few drops of remover in it and shake it really good. Then let the polish sit for a few so the air bubbles will surface, then use it. Good luck.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast