Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

Question? What is your favorite retrieve for a LC 110 in the surf. I know some of the War Baits guys just say to burn them. What are your thoughts?

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by AmBASSador View Post
    Question? What is your favorite retrieve for a LC 110 in the surf. I know some of the War Baits guys just say to burn them. What are your thoughts?

Vince
    Different situations and different conditions calls for different retrieves... but a slow & steady retrieve is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Different situations and different conditions calls for different retrieves... but a slow & steady retrieve is all it takes.
    Thanks Wingnut... Do you ever use the typical freshwater technique of a few jerks followed by a pause? Just wondering because that technique really kills em in FW. Thanks for the help!

Vince

Thanks Wingnut... Do you ever use the typical freshwater technique of a few jerks followed by a pause? Just wondering because that technique really kills em in FW. Thanks for the help!

Vince
    Generally, no... but some of us do use a twitch, twitch... pause retrieve.

Keep in mind that Halibut are ambush predators. They like to lie in wait near structures and ambush baitfish. Think like a Halibut, if I was a Flattie, would I want to go and chase that lively baitfish that is darting every which way... or would I rather chomp down on that fat, lazy and injured baitfish that is slowly swimming by. Keep this in mind with every cast.

Vince
    The WAR baits guys are targeting calicos from the boat most of the time, so the burn between the kelp lanes or by the boiler rocks works really well for them. For halibut from the surf, do what Wingnut says and you'll get awesome results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Generally, no... but some of us do use a twitch, twitch... pause retrieve.

Keep in mind that Halibut are ambush predators. They like to lie in wait near structures and ambush baitfish. Think like a Halibut, if I was a Flattie, would I want to go and chase that lively baitfish that is darting every which way... or would I rather chomp down on that fat, lazy and injured baitfish that is slowly swimming by. Keep this in mind with every cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    The WAR baits guys are targeting calicos from the boat most of the time, so the burn between the kelp lanes or by the boiler rocks works really well for them. For halibut from the surf, do what Wingnut says and you'll get awesome results.
    Awesome. Thanks guys you have been really helpful. I appreciate it. I am going to give it a try this weekend.

Ok. One more question Wingnut...LOL

What do you primarily use as a back up rod in your 3rd grip? Spinning? Casting? What type of rig do you recommend? Carolina? Dropshot? Thanks!

Ok. One more question Wingnut...LOL

What do you primarily use as a back up rod in your 3rd grip? Spinning? Casting? What type of rig do you recommend? Carolina? Dropshot? Thanks!
    Primary - Baitcasting set-up for throwing the LC.

Secondary - One of two set-ups.
    1. Spinning outfit with #10 fluoro for dropshotting.
    2. Baitcasting outfit with a Kroc or swimbait.

Default New LC FM110's

Some new color patterns for the Flash Minnow 110's just came out!

Not sure if I want to throw this one...

Will try throwing this one tomorrow.

Somebody at the factory needs to brush up on their English... LOL

This one looks killer...

My new favorite two "Death Dealers".

How does 1 get to shop @ Wingnut Pro Shops? I hear they have a good selection @ LC's

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast