Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    The collection probably doubled since I made this post over a year ago Frank. I'm shipping ya some reels next week.
    Ill leave a light on in the window Art....

geez!! first time i actually studied the pictures and the shear quantity of LC's you have.........well done i have to say!!

This post was necro'd but holy crap Wingnut *Jaw drop*

Default More LC Pics!

Adding some updated LC pics.

Last edited by Wingnut; 04-03-2010 at 12:44 AM.

wow man, thats a lotta good looking lc's. I just got my very first LC and painted the red gills in :)
    Is there a special website that you order all those special colored lC's from? cause i've never seen some of those colors in the stores

Quote Originally Posted by pasadenafishin View Post
    wow man, thats a lotta good looking lc's. I just got my very first LC and painted the red gills in :)
    Is there a special website that you order all those special colored lC's from? cause i've never seen some of those colors in the stores
    Most of the LC patterns I fish with you won't find on the shelf of any tackle store.
    Extensive, exhausting and relentless searches overseas and specialty websites will (may) yield what you are looking for.
    Knowing a couple of LC reps doesn't hurt either.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 04-05-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Hey Wingnut, I've never owned a LC.

1) What is the weight verses a simular size Rapala ?
    2) Are they heavier ?
    3) Do they float or sink ?
    4) If you fished a Rapala (simular size and color) all day instead of a LC do you feel the LC would outfish the Rapala by a big margin ?

I have several Rapalas but they are light and tough for casting, better for slow troll.
    The lt blue with the broken back ( 2 piece ) is my 'Hot One' for harbor cudas.
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 04-07-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Found this ' Rapala Knot ' ?
    Comments ?

DR

i have 4 LCs. 4!! w00t.

O_O

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Found this ' Rapala Knot ' ?
    Comments ?

DR
    DR, Nothing beats a good Palomar knot.

I can't give a fair assessment on how effective the Rapalas are compared to the Lucky Crafts. Mainly because I have not given the Rapalas an equal chance. When I first started surf fishing a few years back. The person that taught me how to surf fish, Surf Master Mike Kichigai, put a LC Metallic Sardine Flash Minnow 110 in my hand and told me to start throwing it. Honestly, at the time, I couldn't even tell the difference between a LC from a Rebel or a Rapala from my freshwater tackle box. But the results were immediate and surprising. They say if you throw something with confidence, you will have success with it, and that's why I prefer the LC's. Every time I cast it, I "expect" good results. Now, not to say that I haven't experimented with a few other similar lures in the past few years, and I have. Such as the Vision Ito 110, the Jackal Bros Smash Minnow, Yo Zuri, and most recently the new Rapala Max Rap. But in each case, the LC's outcast and outperformed them all. You get what you pay for and if it's working well, why change it... I will continue to keep an eye on the market for a comparable or maybe better lure, if one ever comes. Because an open mind is a good thing when it comes to fishing and necessary to keep the edge. But until that day comes, I will always count on my go to lure when condition calls for it. Good luck out there!

"Fear not the weapon... but the hand that wields it."

Here is the latest Rapala Max Rap. Beautiful, but still can't casts as well as the LC FM110 and the hooks are weaker.
    To each his own... fish on!

Last edited by Wingnut; 04-07-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast