Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

WOW Wingnut,
    Awesome read on your original post. Very informative. I used to only be able to stare at pictures of guns for that long before, but your lures....so....shiny and bright. =)
    Great read though. I learned quite a few new things so kudos to you sir.

Smile Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    That BSP pattern looks great. He does amazing work. He did a pink sardine pattern for me on Vision 110 Clone.
    Yes Bob, JKim does an amazing job on customizing the LC's. He just gave me a Ito Vision 110 Sardine pattern... looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by jtusmc0311retired View Post
    WOW Wingnut,
    Awesome read on your original post. Very informative. I used to only be able to stare at pictures of guns for that long before, but your lures....so....shiny and bright. =)
    Great read though. I learned quite a few new things so kudos to you sir.
    Lol, I know what you mean... hahaha

Thumbs up Ito Vision 110 Sardine... WOW!

Just got a customized Ito Vision 110 Sardine pattern in the mail from the Lure Artist JKim.
    Can you say... AWESOME!

He also, gave me (3) three customized lures to give away at the upcoming Hunting Giants 5 Surf Fishing Event on Saturday, September 28th.

The following three lures are for the HG5 raffle, thank John!

Thumbs up Nice!

Check out the newest customized LC pattern from the LC Artist, Jkim.
    The dark underbelly is for the grey light bite and night time hunting.

Those are really nice tell jkim to sell those in the buy/sell thread, I'd buy em'. Next million dollar idea.... Maby

How did you find this guy?! He's amazing

I might have to sell my SWAT hat just so I can get in the raffle.

WWO

Wingnut brother, this thread is flippin awesome thank you for taking the time to post it
    And wow what a collection you have of LC's! Talk about packin!
    Thanks to you and everyone at fnn I got my first 2 LC's today, I am so pumped to hopefully not catch anymore Leo's and rays, switching from the squid bait I was using.
    I'm pretty sure the lady will appreciate not having the smell of squid linger in the car anymore to lol

Hey I don't think anyone asked, but if you had to pick one or two LC's to use, that just trumps all others with bites, which would you pick? (Take your time, I'm sure your thinking of the hundreds you have lol)

Thumbs up Favorite LC Patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcheese View Post
    Wingnut brother, this thread is flippin awesome thank you for taking the time to post it
    And wow what a collection you have of LC's! Talk about packin!
    Thanks to you and everyone at fnn I got my first 2 LC's today, I am so pumped to hopefully not catch anymore Leo's and rays, switching from the squid bait I was using.
    I'm pretty sure the lady will appreciate not having the smell of squid linger in the car anymore to lol

Hey I don't think anyone asked, but if you had to pick one or two LC's to use, that just trumps all others with bites, which would you pick? (Take your time, I'm sure your thinking of the hundreds you have lol)
    Here are some of my favorite stock LC patterns. Good luck out there.
    I see that you have registered for the HG5 Surf Fishing Event... see you Saturday!

Metallic Sardine
    Aurora Black
    MS Anchovy
    American Shad
    Metallic Ayu
    MJ Herring

Thumbs up Electric California Grunion Flash Minnow 110

Now that the HG5 event has passed... and the first S.W.A.T. "Surf Series" Flash Minnow 110 have been introduced, we can declassify all the data.

A couple of months before the HG5 event, Lucky Craft International approached me and asked me to design a new Flash Minnow 110 pattern for the surf. It will be the first in a series of Flash Minnow 110's specifically modeled for surf fishing. They wanted to introduce this first lure at the HG5 event.

Lucky Craft acknowledged the rise in popularity of the sport of surf fishing and realizes the potential they had with the sales of the Flash Minnow 110 spiking in the last few years. With the help of S.W.A.T., they will give their target market exactly what they want.

After accepting the project, I gave the new pattern a lot of thought... I didn't want another version of a Sardine or a simple cosmetic revamp of an existing pattern. That would be too easy, right?
    I wanted something completely new that was not in the current line-up of Flash Minnow 110's. After getting input from a few S.W.A.T. Team members, I decided on a Grunion pattern.

Next, I contacted the only person I knew, that can help me transfer the vision that I had in my head, onto the lure itself. I called John Kim aka JKim (The LC Artist).
    Just like myself, John embraced the challenge. What transpired in the following weeks were a mix of both excitement and frustration. I won't go into details, but I will just say that I truly appreciated John's patience and dedication while working with me through "multiple" prototypes until we got it right. I know that John spent quite a few sleepless nights working to perfect the design and getting me the prototype before the deadline.

I submitted the prototype of the lure with barely enough time for the Lucky Craft Factory to produce a couple of hundred lures, just in time for the HG5 event. Even though it didn't come out "exactly" how I wanted it... for the first try, it was more than good enough. I originally wanted the MS "Missing Scales" effect on the lure, but the factory didn't have enough time to produce it. Also, the blue packaging that has a image of a Bass on it was supposed to be replaced by a Halibut. All this will be done for the next production run slated for the retail market. At this moment, Lucky Craft sales representatives are taking these lures to tackle stores and retail accounts to garner interest for the next batch.

For now, the only ones in circulation are the ones given out to each S.W.A.T. member and the participants that were lucky enough to win one at the HG5 event.

My goal is to have at least a half dozen or more of these "Surf Series" Flash Minnow 110 out there. Maybe a different Sardine pattern? Or a variation of my favorite pattern, the Metallic Ayu? Maybe a raked bait pattern...? You will have to wait and see...

Now, I was dying to put the prototype into action myself... but it was more appropriate to have the designer himself put it in action first.

John proved that his creation works!
    The first fish caught and released on the Electric California Grunion prototype is this BEAUTY!
    35 inch of pure Halibut! Way to go JKim!

Now, that we know it works... I can't wait to throw mine.

Prototype #1

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast