Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    How far do you really need to cast? 60 yards? 80 yards? Most fish I catch in the surf are 30 yards in...

Longer rod? My rod is 7' 10" medium action 10-20 lb rating.

Lighter line? I typically use #12 - #15 lb test line. If you prefer braid, maybe 35 lb braid? I don't use braid, just a good quality mono is good for me.

Good luck!
    i should get a new rod yeah?! I current rod is 6'8 medium action. Is there any rod you prefer? i was thinking on buying a phenix x-12. How far can you throw your LC's??

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by incxalx3 View Post
    i should get a new rod yeah?! I current rod is 6'8 medium action. Is there any rod you prefer? i was thinking on buying a phenix x-12. How far can you throw your LC's??
    Plenty of rod manufacturers out there with quality sticks. Just find one that feels comfortable in your hands.
    Phenix makes some nice rods, I like their Bass Recon Series.

Don't worry about how far you can cast, I'm sure that your casting skills are more than adequate for surf fishing. Work on the more important things, like lure presentation, method of retrieve, tide & conditions, where and when to hit certain locations... that will put you on more fish than worrying about getting an extra 10 yards on your casts.

If you dip in clear coat, try sprinkling on some clear hologram fine glitter (big flakes arent useful, as they are too big to sink into the epoxy/clear coat.)

Just sprinkle it on before it hardens. The best glitter to use for this purpose is "Creative Beginnings" Ultra fine "Diamond pastel" series.

If you get the pink and green, you can emulate the color-shift you see in fish, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    If you dip in clear coat, try sprinkling on some clear hologram fine glitter (big flakes arent useful, as they are too big to sink into the epoxy/clear coat.)

Just sprinkle it on before it hardens. The best glitter to use for this purpose is "Creative Beginnings" Ultra fine "Diamond pastel" series.

If you get the pink and green, you can emulate the color-shift you see in fish, looks great.
    interesting will try in the future

Thumbs up

Here's another one in the works...

Lookin good!!! I like the scale pattern on the head of the bait!

Just picked these up. Thinkin of how to customize these without makin em ugly!!! LOL

Last edited by FishinElectrician; 03-06-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    Lookin good!!! I like the scale pattern on the head of the bait!

Just picked these up. Thinkin of how to customize these without makin em ugly!!! LOL

They look awesome already! Just change the end hook to a feathered hook.
    Last edited by WAHBAM; 03-13-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0897.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	39576
    Here's my attempt, I got them for $2 each with rusty hooks from my buddy's dad. He found them while metal detecting.

I used a Sharpie gold paint pen as the base. Then put the rest was my gf's nail polish.

FYI: The Sharpie gold paint pen & nail polish doesn't mix well. So avoid it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by WAHBAM View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0897.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	39576
    Here's my attempt, I got them for $2 each with rusty hooks from my buddy's dad. He found them while metal detecting.

I used a Sharpie gold paint pen as the base. Then put the rest was my gf's nail polish.

FYI: The Sharpie gold paint pen & nail polish doesn't mix well. So avoid it if you can.
    That's a good effort... Now go throw them and see what happens.

Thumbs up Looking great!

I just got another update, he's finishing up the second batch for me.

Check these out... can't wait to put them into action.

Wounded Sardine.

Purple Holo Sardine.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast