Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    I would really be interested in a weekend crash course on air brush painting my worn out LC lures, would you ask your friend if he would be interested in tutoring the basic fundamentals?! :) 1) equipment brands, CFM of air compressor and specialty tools, 2) brands of paint, 3) lure prep work, etc.

I will ask him Dan...

Keep your eye out for a package coming your way.

Hi my name is Pedro . I'm new to this site,I have allways fish from shore or boat but I like the beach a lot ,i would like to know if is ok to ask you,ware do you get your equitment ,like the small split ring pliers,the water proof bags and the side hoster isee here.

I was in Vegas this weekend, and so of course I went to Bass Pro Shops, and took advantage of some deals in the process. Thanks to my rewards points, I got these for about $3.50 a piece. I know theyre not LCs, but I have seen these being used in the surf, with some success I might add. I have some Deco Color markers, and some clear nail polish to customize them. Should be a fun project! Has anyone used paint markers, like the Uni Ball, or Deco Color markers for their baits?

Last edited by FishinElectrician; 01-07-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pino View Post
    Hi my name is Pedro . I'm new to this site,I have allways fish from shore or boat but I like the beach a lot ,i would like to know if is ok to ask you,ware do you get your equitment ,like the small split ring pliers,the water proof bags and the side hoster isee here.
    Welcome to FNN.
    I buy the small jewelry split ring pliers on Ebay. Just search for "jewelry split ring pliers" and a bunch will come up. They're not that expensive, around $10.00. Water "resistance' bags can also be purchased on-line or at most fly fishing shops. Simms is one of the top high quality brands, but there are a few others that make nice products as well. The side holster is called a 3rd Grip Rod Holster. They have been discontinued and are very hard to find. If you happen to locate one, buy it! Good luck out there and looking forward to seeing your future reports.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    I was in Vegas this weekend, and so of course I went to Bass Pro Shops, and took advantage of some deals in the process. Thanks to my rewards points, I got these for about $3.50 a piece. I know theyre not LCs, but I have seen these being used in the surf, with some success I might add. I have some Deco Color markers, and some clear nail polish to customize them. Should be a fun project! Has anyone used paint markers, like the Uni Ball, or Deco Color markers for their baits?

That's a great price for those lures. I'm sure you will do great throwing them. If you throw something with confidence, you will have success with it.
    I used to used markers, but the markings fades or wear off too fast. Better to use enamel base paint like nail polish and such.
    Good luck out there and post some reports to share your success.

That's a great price for those lures. I'm sure you will do great throwing them. If you throw something with confidence, you will have success with it.
    I used to used markers, but the markings fades or wear off too fast. Better to use enamel base paint like nail polish and such.
    Good luck out there and post some reports to share your success.

Thanks for the reply, Wingnut!

I have a question, though. When you would use the markers, would you apply a coat of clear nail polish on top of that? I ask because I planned on applying some Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear clear polish on the marks I make. Im hoping the clear polish will help the lures new colors in resisting fading and wearing out too fast.
    Last edited by FishinElectrician; 01-07-2013 at 06:22 PM.

I have a question, though. When you would use the markers, would you apply a coat of clear nail polish on top of that? I ask because I planned on applying some Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear clear polish on the marks I make. Im hoping the clear polish will help the lures new colors in resisting fading and wearing out too fast.
    Absolutely, put a thin clear coat to protect it.

Here are some of the Owner and one of the Bass Pro baits I was messin around with last night. Not the greatest work, but I really like how they came out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7872.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	38557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7866.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	38556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7865.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	38555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7862.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	38554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7861.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	38553  

Thumbs up

Here are some of the Owner and one of the Bass Pro baits I was messin around with last night. Not the greatest work, but I really like how they came out!

Those looks great... put them in action and report the results!
    Good luck!

@WingNut How can i cast my LC's further into the surf??

Quote Originally Posted by incxalx3 View Post
    @WingNut How can i cast my LC's further into the surf??
    How far do you really need to cast? 60 yards? 80 yards? Most fish I catch in the surf are 30 yards in...

Longer rod? My rod is 7' 10" medium action 10-20 lb rating.

Lighter line? I typically use #12 - #15 lb test line. If you prefer braid, maybe 35 lb braid? I don't use braid, just a good quality mono is good for me.

Good luck!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast