Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Modifying, Customizing & Personalizing Your Lucky Crafts!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FishingwithDave View Post
    So this thread is probably one of my favorites. Wingnut, someday I hope to meet you so that I can thank you in person for all the great information and knowledge that you have and continue to share on this board.

I decided today to test my skills at customizing some LCs. Not gonna post any pix, cause I pretty much botched the nail polish work. Changing hooks no problem. Using nail polish, big problem, especially for a guy who struggles drawing stick figures! I'll be recruiting one of my nieces who is very artistically talented to complete the painting mods for me.

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise!
    Post up your niece's work after she is done with your LC, we would love to see it...

Thumbs up Custom LC update!

Here's an update on the work the LC Artist is working on for me...

These are the LC's that I sent him.

The three that he is currently working on... very nice!

Default Disco Sardine

After my LCs got beat up, I finally had the opportunity for some customization. Here are two of my amateur LC designs. I tried to come up with something that would improve the LCs flashiness (while trying to make it look a little cool at the same time hehe ).

I bought some holographic paper, glitter, devcon epoxy, and paint sharpies. I used the shapies to cover up all scrapes.

I cut out a strip of the graphic paper and drew some hexagons on the back side

Next, dipped the hexagons into some clear nail polish and used cotton pliers to place them on the LC

I then added a thin layer of nail polish over the top and coated it with aqua blue glitter then a darker purple glitter over it. Finally, I finished it off with a thin coat of clear Devcon Epoxy

Heres another design. Some blue glitter mixed with Devcon Epoxy for the shiney effect.

Thien

Smile Custom BSP LC FM110.

Look at this Barred Surf Perch pattern...
    One of a kind!
    Can't wait to put these lures in action.

Thumbs up Custom LC update!

Here's the last of the "Fabulous Five" LC's customized by the "Artist."

I think this is the "only" Senorita Fish pattern in existence. I wonder if Senorita Fish is in the Halibut diet?

Senorita Fish

The Fabulous Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Post up your niece's work after she is done with your LC, we would love to see it...
    Here's some pix of my niece's work on three of my LCs. I showed her pics from this thread and about 45 minutes later she produced these. These are pretty much reproductions of Wingnut's and other's work. I think she did a great job and I hope I can put some fish on them this coming weekend. Gotta find a tackle shop between Bakersfield and Newport where I can get find some suitable treble hooks (anodized red and Owner feathered) to finish these up. Haven't been able to locate these in Bakersfield so would appreciate any tackle shop recommendations in the LA or OC area. Heading down from Bakersfield to Newport Beach on Saturday and will be there thru Tuesday. Surf fished Pismo area last year in April, which was my first time surf fishing. Staying at a place right on the beach in Newport, so I plan on hitting the surf every day. Can't wait!

Here's the before pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	38407

Here's the after

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	38408

I think this one looks pretty sweet.

Name:	IMG_0093.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	38409

I think the red over the black dots could be enticing.

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg 
Views:	352 
ID:	38410

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg 
Views:	354 
ID:	38411

Don't know much about surf fishing, but have been studying this forum to learn. Hope to have some success and pics to share with y'all.

Thumbs up Nice!

Don't know much about surf fishing, but have been studying this forum to learn. Hope to have some success and pics to share with y'all.
    They all look great, tell your niece a job well done.
    The one with the flames is extra cool.

There's plenty of information on this board to help you to get started in surf fishing. But if you have any specific questions or need any advice, feel free to send me or any S.W.A.T. members a PM, we will be happy to steer you in the right direction.

Have a Happy New Year.

Here's some pix of my niece's work on three of my LCs. I showed her pics from this thread and about 45 minutes later she produced these. These are pretty much reproductions of Wingnut's and other's work. I think she did a great job and I hope I can put some fish on them this coming weekend. Gotta find a tackle shop between Bakersfield and Newport where I can get find some suitable treble hooks (anodized red and Owner feathered) to finish these up. Haven't been able to locate these in Bakersfield so would appreciate any tackle shop recommendations in the LA or OC area. Heading down from Bakersfield to Newport Beach on Saturday and will be there thru Tuesday. Surf fished Pismo area last year in April, which was my first time surf fishing. Staying at a place right on the beach in Newport, so I plan on hitting the surf every day. Can't wait!

Here's the before pic

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	38407

Here's the after

Name:	IMG_0091.jpg 
Views:	369 
ID:	38408

I think this one looks pretty sweet.

I think the red over the black dots could be enticing.

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg 
Views:	352 
ID:	38410

Name:	IMG_0095.jpg 
Views:	354 
ID:	38411

Dave, you niece has some skills, very nice. Good luck with surf fishing, you're going to love it. But have lots of patience.

Smile Next batch...

Just shipped out the next batch of LC's for the "Artist" to work on...

I would really be interested in a weekend crash course on air brush painting my worn out LC lures, would you ask your friend if he would be interested in tutoring the basic fundamentals?! :) 1) equipment brands, CFM of air compressor and specialty tools, 2) brands of paint, 3) lure prep work, etc.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast