Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Inflating mealworms

Default Inflating mealworms

Is there a technique to do this? Anyone do this? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    Is there a technique to do this? Anyone do this? thanks!
    I started using a syringe at the top of the night crawlers head or tip away from the end that you hooked them, they seem to float fine for me but am pretty sure there are other techniques out there.

I'm already pretty good at inflating night crawlers with diabetic syringes but NEVER inflated a MEALWORM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    I'm already pretty good at inflating night crawlers with diabetic syringes but NEVER inflated a MEALWORM.
    LOL I completely ignored the mealworm part and thought it said nightcrawler, I have done it and added a white salmon egg.

Not really sure if you can inflate a mealworm to make it float. What I usually do is put on a white power egg and then thread the mealworm on the hook. A thought that just came to mind is inject some trout oil scent into the mealworm, that might help it float since oil will float to the surface. I've done this with nightcrawlers before, just inject them with some garlic oil, you get the best of both worlds. The nightcrawler floats and slowly releases scent.

Good luck to you out there

Thanks for the replies...will try them all.