Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Penny Lane Amain 5/30 w-pics

Default Penny Lane Amain 5/30 w-pics

I got an invite to fish aboard the fabled 28ft Skipjack “Bank Robber” with Captain Dean, to fish out of Marina Del Rey, along with Dave “night8hawk”.

We did a laid back and relaxing trip to explore some other areas that Captain Dean thought might have some potential. The first spot produced a nice Sand Bass, nice call CD! Those guys in the SWBA tourney sure could’ve used this nice T-Roller.

Then we went looking for some Rockfish and mostly caught smaller fish, but we did score a couple nicer models. Here is Dave with a delicious Vermilion taco candidate.

Vinnie with a nice SoCal Red Rockie.

Captain Dean with a nice Sheephead.

Then CD came across a nice spot that was loaded with Copper Rockfish and a smattering of Vermilion Rockfish. That spot has now been designated as “Penny Lane” because of the large volume of Copper Rockies that were biting amain, at that place they called home. I sure hope “Penny Lane” produces on future trips the way it produced today. Sweeeeeet!!

A “Penny Lane” chunky Copper.

One of Dave’s nice PL double hook-ups.

Dave and Mr. Never Die. That particular fish looks like it was once trapped in a net.

We all had a blast fishing, laughing and finding some new spots. That’s what it’s all about! Thanks again Captain Dean for the invite and great trip, I can’t wait to do it again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,
    Last edited by Red Drum; 06-01-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Those are some really nice fish you guys hooked up with. Thanks for sharing your fishing adventure with FNN.

Hi Red Drum,

Very nice detail on those fish ! I never noticed everyones head on the boat was half the size of most people !! I could tell from the corresponding grip n grin hand and fish size !! ;)

Nice fishy tacos !!!

Appreciate the update !

JapanRon

like the pics... those are some nice fish

Default salt

good job on them rockfishes!!

cm

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    good job on them rockfishes!!

cm
    Thanks for the reply!

Looks like good times!!!

another awesome trip. thanks for sharing

Default slayin on the big pond

ANOTHER GREAT SLAY JOB ,IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR YOURE REPORTS BECAUSE I KNOW IM GOING TO SEE SOME NICE FISH,,,,,,,,,,t/o