Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't be lazy while tying knots!

Default Don't be lazy while tying knots!

Went fishing this morning. Left the house around 6:15am and arrived at the lake probably by 6:45. Fished the Daiwa TD Mouthwasher for no love. Looked and saw the tullies moving. Casted a flylined 5" Senko in Oxblood into there around 4 times for a good fish bit over 2 lbs.

Now here's where I come up with my title to the thread. Went to the other side and tied on my Jackall Aragon. Usually when I tie my Eugene Knot, I wrap it around 5 or 6 times, but my finger let go a bit unwrapping it a few times, and I thought what the heck, I'll just tighten it anyways instead of retying... BAD IDEA!

Casted the Aragon (first time using it too) to feel out the vibration to it, not expecting a fish. I must have had my retard on today or something. Reeling in, wow this crank is effin nice! BAM FISH ON! feel it taking drag good! "must be a good size fish" I was thinking in my head. Then no more tension! Well fish came off hook right? I didn't hear a snap or didn't feel like the fish broke my line. Reeled in my lure, WTF! There's no weight or vibration to it! It's SLACK! Looked at my line and guess what! the knot slipped!

Then I see what looked like a 4 lb+ fish jump trying to shake my damn lure off!!! Moral of the story, even when you are just testing out a lure... Don't be lazy!!! always tie correctly!!! there goes my $15 Lure!

Well, no more bites after that. Went to eat a Carne Asada Chimichanga later on... DELICIOUS!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass edit 3.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	12810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	12811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2448.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	12812  

nice report... hmm. oxblood senko.. nice... is that the 50 u bought from me in the picture?

btw.. not sure if you heard.. aldeberan supposed to be here this year! yay!

Nice report....love the photshop job, much better than the blacked out version most bass guys post. Maybe you will start a new trend of creativity!

TD

That always sucks a biley, I used to use a knot called the lefty loop it would create more action but the only thing it got was more break offs nice travel pics

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    nice report... hmm. oxblood senko.. nice... is that the 50 u bought from me in the picture?

btw.. not sure if you heard.. aldeberan supposed to be here this year! yay!
    It's rumored that an MG reel, but obviously its "bob" aka Aldebaran, and yes thats the reel I bought from you... so other than the few things I mentioned to you about it... it's perfect! Also did you hear rumors on a new cumara? I heard it's a cranking cumara... I was thinking another core for my collection or the Chronarch D, but I'll wait till ICAST

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Nice report....love the photshop job, much better than the blacked out version most bass guys post. Maybe you will start a new trend of creativity!

TD
    lol we'll see... I think I'll be fishing off the leaning tower pretty soon

Default so whait what?

And what lake is this?

http://tackletog.com/jip/2009/05/21/...himano-ardent/
    yeah.. my buddy showed me this link... and was telling me about the supposed i guess new line of cumaras? maybe named something else? higher end then cumara? not sure..

glad the 50 worked out for you. let me know if you are looking for a core or cumara... my buddy has a core and cumara i think he wants to get rid of.

we still need to fish sometime.. we'll take my boat out to the pudd one day!...

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    http://tackletog.com/jip/2009/05/21/...himano-ardent/
    yeah.. my buddy showed me this link... and was telling me about the supposed i guess new line of cumaras? maybe named something else? higher end then cumara? not sure..

glad the 50 worked out for you. let me know if you are looking for a core or cumara... my buddy has a core and cumara i think he wants to get rid of.

we still need to fish sometime.. we'll take my boat out to the pudd one day!...
    what's the price on the core and cumara, rating?

Yeah and we definitely need to fish

Quote Originally Posted by B@$$[P][M][P] View Post
    And what lake is this?
    Bellagio water fountain in Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    Bellagio water fountain in Las Vegas
    wow there's bass in that lake. gotta take my rod the next time i go to vegas. lol

nice job on the bling bling bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast