Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego fishing

Default San Diego fishing

Hi,

I am planning on making a trip down to San Diego with a bunch of friends for some deep sea fishing. We plan to do a 3/4 day fishing trip in search of some yellow tail.

Do any of you know of any good boats that we should be looking into? We want to go on a bigger boat that isn't going to have us crammed like sardines. If you can list the boats that you feel are good, reasons why, and prices that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

The malihini out of H&M or the San Diego out of Seaforth.
    Ryan and Mike are awsome captains.

Spend a few bucks more and make it an overnight trip. More time on the water will increase your odds of catching yellowtail.

for 3/4 I recommend the San Diego out of Seaforth. But if you have more time and $ do what Victor said and try to get on a overnight or better yet 1.5. You'll have better chances at hooking up on the big ones.

How many is a bunch?? And when are you planning on going?? PM me I have a buddy who owns a charter boat out of Seaforth. He'll run a 3/4 if he's available.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Smoker View Post
    for 3/4 I recommend the San Diego out of Seaforth. But if you have more time and $ do what Victor said and try to get on a overnight or better yet 1.5. You'll have better chances at hooking up on the big ones.
    "victor"

thats all good advice bro...

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    "victor"

thats all good advice bro...

GD
    Hahahaaha... I meant Ricky Ray... I was looking at our mail guy @ the office when I posted that... his name is victor.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Smoker View Post
    Hahahaaha... I meant Ricky Ray... I was looking at our mail guy @ the office when I posted that... his name is victor.
    Does he look like shrek?

Well I have only gone on the Mission Belle 3/4 day but I know from looking at counts and knowing people who were on boats, Seaforth Landing is prolly a very good place to start!!

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster View Post
    Well I have only gone on the Mission Belle 3/4 day but I know from looking at counts and knowing people who were on boats, Seaforth Landing is prolly a very good place to start!!
    The San Diego is a good boat. Advantages of Seaforth is that there is free parking. However, it can get cramped up as well. Specially if it's on a weekend and yellowtail fishing is on tap. Best way to avoid the crowds is by going on the weekdays. No limited loads unless you charter it. It's a longer ride to islands from there but good captain and crew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast