Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for healthy fish prep-recipes

Default Looking for healthy fish prep-recipes

... and I'm not smart enough to know to search for what is probably on this board.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. And, BTW, how do you prepare fish tacos ...and what fish besides Sacto Perch do you like to use?

Thanks much,

billy b

Grilling the fish in a foil packet with lemon juice and onions is tasty and healthy. Practically any fish grilled tastes good and is healthy, just add your favorite spices or look up good dry seasonings for fish.
    Last edited by bsp; 05-28-2009 at 04:31 PM.

I use trout, salmon, striper, and even bluegill or crappie for fish tacos. They all have their own qualities, and they all taste great in taco form. I've even used carp once, and it was actually quite good. You just need to fillet and skin/debone the fish, then cut the fillets into taco sized strips. Then dip 'em in beaten eggs, dredge in a mix of wheat and corn flour (add garlic powder and lemon pepper to the flour), then pan fry until firm and golden brown. Heat up some corn tortillas, chop some cabbage, tomatos and avocado, shred some oaxaca cheese, and break out the sour cream and tapatio. Fold, dress, and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I use trout, salmon, striper, and even bluegill or crappie for fish tacos. They all have their own qualities, and they all taste great in taco form. I've even used carp once, and it was actually quite good. You just need to fillet and skin/debone the fish, then cut the fillets into taco sized strips. Then dip 'em in beaten eggs, dredge in a mix of wheat and corn flour (add garlic powder and lemon pepper to the flour), then pan fry until firm and golden brown. Heat up some corn tortillas, chop some cabbage, tomatos and avocado, shred some oaxaca cheese, and break out the sour cream and tapatio. Fold, dress, and enjoy!

Dude , Im there !! Drooling on my lapper...

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Dude , Im there !! Drooling on my lapper...
    Drool indeed. Just had some last weekend made from fresh GVL trout. They came out awesome. Just mind those pin bones when cleaning 'em, he he he.

skyler is on point. thats how i cook up most my fish.
    and believe it or not, the one carp meal i have ate, was delicious.
    i just didn't enjoy gutting a carp for some reason. yuck.

as for grilled........

take a little vegatable oil and pour some in a bowl.
    add lemon pepper, little salt, and garlic salt or powder.
    soak your fillet(s) in there for about 20-30 minutes.
    than just grill those suckers up, i think it only takes like 3 or 4 minutes per side too.

using the same recipe,
    you can also toss your fillets in some foil, add lemon juice, put it in a glass baking dish, and bake it. comes out fantastic both ways.