Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: flathead fishing during the day

Default flathead fishing during the day

chad/ mangles and I headed out for some day time flatheads... on sunday we fished for about 3 hours....started out at one of many bait spots and within 1/2 an hour we had about 35 gills for bait...we fished along the Alamo river....chad cnred a 5 pound flat, and lost another towards the shore..we both had around 6 good runs that didn't pan out.
    On Monday we fished for about 4 to 5 hours...we again hit up our bait spots then settled in on the alamo river....About 45 minutes into it I had a monster run...it un spooled around 50 yards of line before i could get from the chair to the pole..unfortunately it spit the hook...I had a 6 inch gill on for bait (which was thrashed when i got it to shore...Chad managed to get another 5 +/- pound flat..we both had numerous runs....which lets us know the flats are on the bite......overall it was a good time, even though there was only a couple of flats caught.....Thanks Chad and your girlfriend for the company......TODD
    Last edited by team760; 05-25-2009 at 04:11 PM.

great job,hey Chad I got most of the dent out LOL.

Joe

thanks for the report sounds like u had fun, cant wait till i get out there

Good going out there. I wish I was out there with you all. Flathead seasons in full affect.

B

Default Wow

Good job Todd.
    I knew it, I should have gone out w/ you guys that day. Next time, I will make sure I cancel everything else and make time to go out there again.

Chris
    Last edited by chrislxf; 05-26-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks for the report. Starting to feel a little sick...cough cough...may not be able to work this week!!

Sounds like you have got them dialed in.. I have to get out there and try them out.. Whole lot of area to try out.. But I am game!!LOL

Crappie (CAT) Stalker