Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So where ya fishing on Memorial day?

Default So where ya fishing on Memorial day?

It is going to be a busy holiday weekend out on the water and I am still on the fence about fishing or just bbqing at the pad, what are you doing for the day? I'm leaning towards hitting NPH early before the crowds arrive.

TD

Still trying to decide if I want to hit up a local lake. Most likely Silverwood but Pyramid and Castaic are possibilities. Want to go trolling for striped bass. Will most likely head to the local creeks for catch and release fly fishing.. Lots less people and no LAKE LICE!!! Heard that hatch so far this year is exceptional. Will most likely do both, anyone want to go flyfishing one day and trolling the next??

Sean

We will be at NPH Sunday at 6am.. 3 boats Mav, Yamafish & myself.. Put on a pink thong and im sure Mav will pick ya up

Somewhere in Long Beach.

Somewhere in the northern Sierras. Maybe Frenchman's Lake.

Can't get to the Sierras so it will be somewhere in the mountains. Any Ideas????

Quote Originally Posted by MAN VS WILD View Post
    Can't get to the Sierras so it will be somewhere in the mountains. Any Ideas????
    The trout/crappie bite and 15 minute drive up the hill to the Vine is sounding tempting....maybe sleeping in and catching the 11:26am high tide at NPH might be the ticket. Decisions-decisions.

TD

Hitting up the Santa Ana River for some fly fishing. Not the stocked area. Going to try out my new TFO Lefty Kreg pro series 3WT. I had it since December 08 and it is time to break it in.
    Hopefully, I will get into a few natives on the trip. Details later.
    Happy Holidays all.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    The trout/crappie bite and 15 minute drive up the hill to the Vine is sounding tempting....maybe sleeping in and catching the 11:26am high tide at NPH might be the ticket. Decisions-decisions.

TD
    You got to get away from the Vine bro. I know thats your home lake and it's close but let's get out and try something else. I'm leaning towards Big Bear from the shore or a pontoon if I can get enough people to come out and play. I would like to check out NPH but i have no salt gear.

Maybe Gregory? anybody been or heard how it's doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast