Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess i should share my exp...

There is family in San Diego wanting to go from there and we will in the summer but right now i just want a good local boat.

my list of go to boats:

1/2 day- New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. They have big crowds on weekends but they work hard and are newb friendly. If u have a weekday off i would suggest giving them a try.

3/4 day- Spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. Not the same legendary crew but Craig(old Spitfire captain) and Jeremy will get you on fish. I dont think they will be making many Catalina runs this summer but it will be a nice alternative. Lighter loads and only 15 mins away from my house.

overnighter- Freedom out of 22nd street. Great captain and great crew! Ive also been wanting to try the El Dorado out of Long Beach Sportfishing. Ive heard lots of good things about captain Eddie Moreno and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    my list of go to boats:

1/2 day- New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. They have big crowds on weekends but they work hard and are newb friendly. If u have a weekday off i would suggest giving them a try.

3/4 day- Spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. Not the same legendary crew but Craig(old Spitfire captain) and Jeremy will get you on fish. I dont think they will be making many Catalina runs this summer but it will be a nice alternative. Lighter loads and only 15 mins away from my house.

overnighter- Freedom out of 22nd street. Great captain and great crew! Ive also been wanting to try the El Dorado out of Long Beach Sportfishing. Ive heard lots of good things about captain Eddie Moreno and his crew.
    Cool. I may give them all a try this summer. Decide which i like most.

Lalo56,

That's a bummer, especially since you were with your girlfriend and just trying to have a pleasant outing.

I just don't understand the whole "assigned spot" thing that goes on in LA.

Hopefully your next trip will be better!

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Lalo56,

That's a bummer, especially since you were with your girlfriend and just trying to have a pleasant outing.

I just don't understand the whole "assigned spot" thing that goes on in LA.

Hopefully your next trip will be better!
    Yes my girl was bummed so was I! There was 47 people on the boat we got kicked out of the spot we stayed on then we didnt want to kick the guys on our spot because i didnt want an altercation. So we just dealt with it. Thank you though but i will never be on that boat. The crew sucks.

Hopefully our next outting is better if not our hopes will be shattered.All we caught was sun burn. Thats sad i feel unmotivated

Only thing i caught was a 12inch trout in 3 years. I been buying my brother and gf and everyone their fishing license

SUCKS!!!

I experienced the same thing the one and only time I will ever go on the Pursuit.

It's the good ole boys mentality who think that fishing Catalina puts them in the upper echilon of fishermen. It got to the point where guys were cussing at each other, bullying each other around, that made me and a few other guys quit fishing that day. We just sat down and drank a few beers and watched the comedy scene happen. The captain flirted with the girl who was helping on the deck and forgot about his fishermen. Swore I would never go on that boat and I still haven't.

Come on down to San Diego and be treated like fishermen should be treated!!

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    I experienced the same thing the one and only time I will ever go on the Pursuit.

It's the good ole boys mentality who think that fishing Catalina puts them in the upper echilon of fishermen. It got to the point where guys were cussing at each other, bullying each other around, that made me and a few other guys quit fishing that day. We just sat down and drank a few beers and watched the comedy scene happen. The captain flirted with the girl who was helping on the deck and forgot about his fishermen. Swore I would never go on that boat and I still haven't.

Come on down to San Diego and be treated like fishermen should be treated!!
    Coach said echilon...wow.....WAY to much of a big word for me.....

There are plenty of boats up here that treat their customers great....not as many as their should be, but there are some left.....

GD

Not advertising for anybody, but my best experiences have been on the ICON. Capt Shawn Morgan and his crew treat you like you are royal. I never had to ask for help, that crew was/is top notch. As for assigned spots, I will just push my way in if that is what I paid for. Let the crew solve the mystery. I have been wanting to try the Eldorado and will in the next couple of weeks. I have heard they have a top notch crew too. There are some great boats up in Ventura area too. Feel free to PM me and I will give you the low down........OFG

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast