Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess i should share my exp...

Default I guess i should share my exp...

I was not going to post but i guess i should. 2 weeks ago my girlfriend and I went on the pursuit. Both her and I were nervous since i had no idea what was going on. First of all, i asked if it was assigned spots they said yes. So i asked... Where are we? showed my ticket, they said some where over there. Okay now im confused. So i said f this. We were just at the back by the stern. When getting to our spot we got kicked out. I didnt want to be rude so we just took a spot where people werent. I then figured where we should have been, but i didnt want to kick them out because i was boiling at that time and it would have not been nice. So overall i just got 1 perch and my gf got hooked to the anchor rope. I give the crew a minus.

I also asked help for setting up our rigs. they said yes they would help. Captain john? said thats what they are there for. But they never did help us. I waS just sooo frustrated.
    Last edited by lalo56; 05-21-2009 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    I was not going to post but i guess i should. 2 weeks ago my girlfriend and I went on the pursuit. Both her and I were nervous since i had no idea what was going on. First of all, i asked if it was assigned spots they said yes. So i asked... Where are we? showed my ticket, they said some where over there. Okay now im confused. So i said f this. We were just at the back by the stern. When getting to our spot we got kicked out. I didnt want to be rude so we just took a spot where people werent. I then figured where we should have been, but i didnt want to kick them out because i was boiling at that time and it would have not been nice. So overall i just got 1 perch and my gf got hooked to the anchor rope. I give the crew a minus.

I also asked help for setting up our rigs. they said yes they would help. Captain john? said thats what they are there for. But they never did help us. I waS just sooo frustrated.
    U got to be aggressive on boats like that . Be a bull.

What boat welcomes newbies and helps them? SPITFIRE was great for me. They set me up from rigging and u call it they did it. MY RANT IS OVER

Quote Originally Posted by hakaveli View Post
    Yah i know but when i become a bull i get into fights.

Dam...too bad about your bad experience...How many people were on the boat? The Pursuit has a reputation for big crowds but also good fish counts in the summer. I personally would rather jump on a Overnighter and not deal with 70 people on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by hakaveli View Post
    Ill let you have a free pass on that one homie......

GD

Sorry to hear about your experience. Try the Freelance outta Davey's Locker in Newport Beach. Great captain and crew. They tend to cater to alot of private charters for beginners and on open party trips have new anglers and tourist so they are always on the ball when it comes to helping out new people.

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Ill let you have a free pass on that one homie......

GD
    lol i know what u thinking haha shhhh

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    Dam...too bad about your bad experience...How many people were on the boat? The Pursuit has a reputation for big crowds but also good fish counts in the summer. I personally would rather jump on a Overnighter and not deal with 70 people on the boat.
    48 or 50 i think... but bad experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Try the Freelance outta Davey's Locker in Newport Beach. Great captain and crew. They tend to cater to alot of private charters for beginners and on open party trips have new anglers and tourist so they are always on the ball when it comes to helping out new people.
    Thanks. When i was younger i would go off the spitfire and they would rig me up and i caught so many fish and i rented my gear. Now i have so many gear and i didnt catch but a perch lol. SO SAD. So im looking for a new boat, or landing, maybe i will try LB on GD's ground.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast