Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SGR East Fork Recon

Default SGR West Fork Recon

I wanted to ride up as far as I could just to see what was up there. Towards the end I was greeted by a steep grade... Just past that was some gates with a guard shack that keep you out of the dam. Does anyone know if there is a way you can cross the river and hike around it? I didn't have much time to explore but I remember hearing somewhere that there is a way you can hike around Cogswell. Anyways, snapped a few pics up there and started heading back down. I saw a few spots on the way up that I wanted to try but ran out of time so I only ended up stopping at one. Pulled 2 fish out though so I beat the skunk on the one and only pool I tried...

At the top of the hill... This thing sucked on my bike...

A heli pad at the top...

Just a shot down the canyon...

The very last fishing platform...

The campground. Looks like a pretty cool place to set up base camp to further explore back in the hills...

Just some little waterfall I found...

The two beasts of fish I caught for the day. Caught them on a 16 stimulator. Both fish were released unharmed...

Last edited by DCCTrouserTrout; 05-17-2009 at 08:59 PM.

nice dude! wheres this place at? the campground looks sick..defently would be fun to check out... sooo you had to ride your bike all the way back there?

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    nice dude! wheres this place at? the campground looks sick..defently would be fun to check out... sooo you had to ride your bike all the way back there?
    Yeah, there is a paved road all the way so the trucks can get back to Cogswell damn. I want to go back up when I can stay longer though.

Great report and pics, but are you sure it was the East Fork and not the West Fork. The East Fork does not have a paved road and there is no lake 7 miles up. A bridge that some people just like to jump off of yes but no lake there.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smalweld View Post
    Great report and pics, but are you sure it was the East Fork and not the West Fork. The East Fork does not have a paved road and there is no lake 7 miles up. A bridge that some people just like to jump off of yes but no lake there.

Sean
    Yeah, you are right... I don't even know why I put that but thanks for letting me know and it has been corrected... ha ha
    Last edited by DCCTrouserTrout; 05-17-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Always cool to go find some new spots.
    Thanks for the pics man.

I love getting those lil fellas on flies. Nice pics.

good job man. i love fishing the west fork.

When you are in the vicinity. Try Bear Creek it is off the West Fork Road. Be careful for rattlers but you can catch, kiss, and release some pretty fish. Get a topo map to see where the creek is. Also, above the the second bridge is a catch and release barbless artificial lure area. Nice place for a bike ride especially with the water falls.

Quote Originally Posted by castlekid View Post
    When you are in the vicinity. Try Bear Creek it is off the West Fork Road. Be careful for rattlers but you can catch, kiss, and release some pretty fish. Get a topo map to see where the creek is. Also, above the the second bridge is a catch and release barbless artificial lure area. Nice place for a bike ride especially with the water falls.
    yeah, I have hiked all the way down bear creek from the top of the trail up towards Crystal Lake. I haven't been back there with my fly rod though. As far as crimping my barb, I usually do it anyways when I am fishing for wild's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast