Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: More Goldens

Default More Goldens

Meet up with Mike(mth1997) and my dad on Friday to do some more exploring and maybe catch a golden or 2. We started fishing early Sat. morning and right away my dad hooks up first. I didnt snap a pic but i think my dad has one.

I was next to land a little guy.

Here is Mike fighting his first golden. I think Mike has a good picture of it.

This little section had a lot of fish in it. I farmed 2 fish and had at least 10 rises before hooking in to a little guy.

My Dad working a section running through a meadow.

After catching a few goldens each we decided to check out some new water. Fishing was kind of slow but Mike and my dad both got a little brown each. Here is the little guy Mike hooked.

I think Mike was trying to hook me.

After a lot of hiking and little fish we decided to try a new spot during the evening hatch. I must have watched at least 50 rises in less then a half hour. The fish were hungry and hitting like crazy. These fish would rise to your fly 4 or 5 times before getting smart. I was just sight fishing them. Wait till i see a rise and then throw my fly in the same spot and get hit. Parachute adams were the ticket for the evening hatch.

I sat and watched this guy nail bug after bug non stop for about 5 mins before i decided to cast to him. I had 3 missed hook sets on him before finally hooking him.

Little guy my dad got just as it got dark.

We fished for about a hour this morning before heading back home. Both Mike and my dad got a few more. I got the skunk today. Total count 9 goldens for me. I think my dad ended up with 11 or 12 goldens and a little brown and I think Mike ended up with 8 or 9 goldens and a little brown. All my fish were caught on a #16 parachute adams. Not sure what Mike and my dad were using. Great trip with great scenery and great fishing. I think Mike has more pictures to add.

nice dude! where did you guys stay? i just got back from the sierras we were camped at rock creek lake for 5 days!

Sweet fishes! Very nice pics too. Nice work guys!

Default More pics

What a great trip. Seriously one of the most satisfying fishing trips I've ever had. Awesome places, great scenery, and good company, what more could you ask for. And what a way to break in a brand new pair of waders!!

My first golden:

Another:

One for Matt:

A bigger model on the olive EHC:

The biggest of the trip for me. This thing fought harder than just about any other trout I've ever caught. I swore it was a monster until I put it in the net. Net shows about 10 1/2 inches.

Same guy, but looks a little bigger in the hand:

I switched over to the parachute adams after seeing the success Matt and Pat had with it. There were mosquitos and another fly I couldn't ID that looked exactly like the para adams all over the water. Caught this fish last to end an awesome trip.

And a last pic for scenery:

I almost forgot! We had a very close run in with a rattle snake. We were hiking along the river over some overhanging rock. Both Matt and Pat passed up the fella and he started to rattle just before I got to him. Luckily I stopped dead in my tracks because if I would have kept on, I would have crossed his path and had an early end to my trip.
    Last edited by mth1997; 05-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.

wow, great pics....awesome looking goldens !!!! thanks for the report

Nice pic additions Mike.
    Killer colors on those guys.
    Last one looks like orange sorbet ice cream from baskin robins "31 flavors".

Damn Mike, that one fish is FAT.

Great job on the goldens guys! those guys are small but fun to catch.

Mike