Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Salton Sea 5.14.09 (w.pics)

Default Salton Sea 5.14.09 (w.pics)

Hey. I left the house at 3:45 gott there at 6:00. poles in the water at 6:10..

We were at the jetty and the point..It was me.brother and dad. besides us it was only about 10 other fisherman and ladies there..

So i cast out and about 10 seconds..just 3 lil quick bumps like bump,bump,bump..then i hook it and its an average size tilapia..here is wat we ended up with...

me and my bros batch of fish

my dad's batch of fish

all together

is that the real date, this is a really old post.

Sounds like fun. How long were u guys there? I've been wanting 2 hit that spot with my cousin 4 a while already but havent got around 2 go. I was a little skeptical of going due to all the bacteria in that water but what i've heard is that as long as u aint eating the fish raw u got nothing to worry about. Once u cook the fish it kills all the bacteria. So it is no harm to a human's health. I also heard 2 try n keep them on ice or alive as long as possible just so they can stay alittle more fresh. Well good job on ur catches.

Quote Originally Posted by James<626> View Post
    Sounds like fun. How long were u guys there? I've been wanting 2 hit that spot with my cousin 4 a while already but havent got around 2 go. I was a little skeptical of going due to all the bacteria in that water but what i've heard is that as long as u aint eating the fish raw u got nothing to worry about. Once u cook the fish it kills all the bacteria. So it is no harm to a human's health. I also heard 2 try n keep them on ice or alive as long as possible just so they can stay alittle more fresh. Well good job on ur catches.

we had a basket to keep them fresh in the waster we used night crwlers..i cut mines in half... we were there for about 7 hours

Cool. Thanks 4 the info. & tips. I'm gonna try 2 hit that place up this week.

It was just the camera is messed up

dont eat them fish...

hahahahahaa.....he replied 2 years later!!!!!!.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM CASTIN View Post
    Hey. I left the house at 3:45 gott there at 6:00. poles in the water at 6:10..

We were at the jetty and the point..It was me.brother and dad. besides us it was only about 10 other fisherman and ladies there..

So i cast out and about 10 seconds..just 3 lil quick bumps like bump,bump,bump..then i hook it and its an average size tilapia..here is wat we ended up with...

me and my bros batch of fish

my dad's batch of fish

all together

Looks like you guys made a killin. I fished the Salton Sea about 30 years ago. It was seriously hot. We caught a lot of Sargo and Telapia. The one thing I'll never forget is when I open them up for cleaning, they smell like a sewage on the inside, even the felets reeked. They stunk up my whole house. I could not eat them. I ended up tossing them out. Do they still smell like that? They are fun to catch though.
    Last edited by mister c; 08-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.

replied two years later..... IDK Y but that is funny as hell to me LOLOLOL