Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apollo Park in Lancaster, CA.

Default Apollo Park in Lancaster, CA.

When exactly do they stock this lake? What days and how often?? Every time I go there my 2yr old and I never catch anything, yet, when we go and don't fish I see people with fish all the time. I'd like to take my daughter on a day they stock so she can see why we actually go. lol

Thanks!!!

no more trout for this year. should be putting in catfish soon. you might get a couple trout if you get there at sunrise.
    i know there are a couple guys on this board that have connections to know when they stock the lake. (t. jerkit maybe)
    if you go next winter right after the derby (sunday morning early) and through out some power bait, ya really cant miss. far dock left hand side. in close to shore.
    right now try chicken liver, anchovie, (1' inch piece) mackeral. for cats, or some corn for carp. tough pickens at that lake til fall/winter now.

Fishfinder,
    I was there this morning about 8am about 200 yrds to the left of bridge closest to parking lot. I/we saw 5 trout swim right by us about 6 feet out. 5 trout coulda been same fish, most we saw was 2 at same time. Anyways, not a single bite!

Thanks for the info., I/we'll keep tryin, eventually we gotta get lucky. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinkimo View Post
    Fishfinder,
    I was there this morning about 8am about 200 yrds to the left of bridge closest to parking lot. I/we saw 5 trout swim right by us about 6 feet out. 5 trout coulda been same fish, most we saw was 2 at same time. Anyways, not a single bite!

Thanks for the info., I/we'll keep tryin, eventually we gotta get lucky. lol.
    try dock by the cove left side 6 am. yellow powerbait. 4 lb line. 2 splitshots up from #16 or #18 hook.
    also if you are good with lures, try small tube jig, while you are fishing bait. try white to start. 1/16 oz jig head.
    you might want to try lake elizabeth. small pieces of night crawler should get you some bullheads, or some powerbait for trout, cast out far, and use a sliding 1/2 oz sinker.
    keep trying....

Thanks, will give it a shot.

My son and I was there yesterday (Sunday) from 6 - 11 and managed 3 trout. The trouts are about 2 lbs and they fight hard, all caught on inflated night crawlers at the north end of the lake by the second bridge. It was tough due to the algae bloom. Saw a school of carp but they did not want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobydick View Post
    My son and I was there yesterday (Sunday) from 6 - 11 and managed 3 trout. The trouts are about 2 lbs and they fight hard, all caught on inflated night crawlers at the north end of the lake by the second bridge. It was tough due to the algae bloom. Saw a school of carp but they did not want to play.
    hey moby where did you get your syringe?

I have been there every weekend since late april and have yet to get a bite from anything. I try fishing everywhere. I see trout swim by on occassions and have seen two fat cats that were caught. I have tried nearly every bait i can think of and been mentioned to me. NO LUCK at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobydick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by surfinkimo View Post
    I have been there every weekend since late april and have yet to get a bite from anything. I try fishing everywhere. I see trout swim by on occassions and have seen two fat cats that were caught. I have tried nearly every bait i can think of and been mentioned to me. NO LUCK at all!!!
    2 lbs test line???or dropshot redpower worm with size 10 misquito hook. thats if you see them swimming bye.i mean by...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 102.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	12888  
    Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 06-01-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimura6985@yahoo.com View Post
    hey moby where did you get your syringe?
    You can get a worm blower, kinda looks like a visine bottle with a short needle sticking out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast