Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake mathews?????

Default Lake mathews?????

let's say hypothetically i were to drive near this so called lake and as i was driving past it on my way to work and a metor hit this lake and everything just flew up in the air and a few fish were to land in my truck would i get arrested or shot for just driving by and if so what kind a fish would be landing in my truck..."HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING OF COURSE...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	police_brutality01-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	13153  

I hear that big stripers are in thee, also some big cats. Dont know what the population of bass are

I am actually working at the Metropolitian Water District up in La Verne. I asked people there about some of the rumors I have heard about Lake Matthews on this site. To say the least, most of them are BS (according to them). They said there is no military there with night vision and guns and all of that crap. I don't know, maybe they just aren't supposed to say anything. All I know is I am trying to make friends with some people who have access to these lakes.

A ton of stripers and some decent bass fishing. keep in mind that these stripers are,for the most part,pretty skinny and ratty looking due to the lake of baitfish and the ever increasing competition for the food.
    I've fished there b-4 (with permission) and it was WFO on topwater stripers but all were identical in size. Pretty cool following the boils all day though.

I fished there about 20 years ago. When the water is high it gets a few feet from the road in a couple of coves near the lookout lot. There were allways LMB on the chew. We used to park and walk over to the 6' chain link fence and throw plastics over the fence with 20lb mono. Some places had large boulders outside the fence to stand on. The security used to make the rounds once an hour in thier white ford rangers. After we watched them go by we would get the rods out and fish for about a half hour which was good for a dozen or so apiece. A lot of 2-4 pound fish but I never saw a striper back then. The water sources were bound to bring them in sooner or later. Be cautious if your going to trespass - there are signs on the fence that say it is a DFG Ecological reserve and also belongs to the state water project.
    Last edited by XFACTOR; 06-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.

stripers are wfo. my buddy has gotten caught a couple times and they just told him to leave. it might of been another story if he was keeping fish. he got caught like 3 times (idk if it was by the same person) and never got a ticket.

ive been there..a few times haha... lots of striper.. havent got any real big ones maybe a 5lber at the most...the cats on the other hand are big! 9lbers are a norm..some nice bass action but mainly cats and stripers... huge carp jump at night! sounds like a 100+lb belly flop haha...

Lake Mathews is owned by the Feds and is officially a drinking water supply. Due to 9-11, trespassing there is a FELONY, not a misdemeanor. Although if you want to see the type of fish you might catch there, you should know that all of the fish in the BPS tank are from Mathews.

as far as going inside.... :BigGrin: i dont know how.
    but huge cats would land in your truck, and definently huge stripers, im usre theres LM in there too.

cats the size of you would be riding in the bed of your truck, maybe next to you!!! and i dont think those are carp doing belly flops. striper or large mouth i have a feeling.

the lmb population is pretty good im guessing too cause they're caught on mackerel pretty often. "i hear"

oh yeah and i HAVE seen military style vehicles driving around in there quite a few times. i wouldnt try it!!!!!!
    Last edited by socalrippin; 06-15-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast