Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Thank you FishtheSurf (Bill Varney)

Default Thank you FishtheSurf (Bill Varney)

Opened my mailbox on Saturday to find a priority mail envelope.

I opened it wondering what it was.........&# 46;...

I won one of Bill Varney's surf fishing tackle packs that he was raffling off at the FHS (filled out the little pink slip). :thumb:

I recieved.......

-leader
    -swivels
    -weights
    -hooks
    -beads
    -grubs, asst. plastics

I told you before and will say again......
    Bill Varney is one class guy and a excellent teacher on basic surf fishing. If you're a newbie to surf fishing, you can buy his book at the 57 T-shirt site on this board.

Default Re: Thank you FishtheSurf (Bill Varney)

Quote Originally Posted by CatchthatTrout
    Opened my mailbox on Saturday to find a priority mail envelope.

I opened it wondering what it was.........&# 46;...

I won one of Bill Varney's surf fishing tackle packs that he was raffling off at the FHS (filled out the little pink slip). :thumb:

I recieved.......

-leader
    -swivels
    -weights
    -hooks
    -beads
    -grubs, asst. plastics

I told you before and will say again......
    Bill Varney is one class guy and a excellent teacher on basic surf fishing. If you're a newbie to surf fishing, you can buy his book at the 57 T-shirt site on this board.
    Tony,
    I couldn't agree more. There is some great information in that book that I use every time I hit the surf. I would highly recommend it to any one who is thinking about surf fishing.

Sound like a great thing to have in your mailbox for a change. I would love to get something like that. Usually just the same ol' stuff for me when I get home to check my mail... Bills... Bills... and more Bills...

X