Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Heading to Wishon Res. This Weekend

Default Heading to Wishon Res. This Weekend

My annual late spring/early summer trout fling is here. Rainbows, browns, and maybe a couple brookies ! Been going up to the west side of the sierras for over 40 yrs and this place is my fav. Can take day trips to other lakes/streams in the area, but in my opinion the best campground for RVs and tent campers is Wishon Village. Check it out.... http://www.wishonvillage.com/index.html
    In a week or so I'll post my catch, maybe a pic or two. Can't tell you exactly where I always catch my limit :wink:

Doesn't Wishon have smallmouth as well?

Nope, no smallmouth...at least I've never caught any there. Shaver Lake has them and some from Shaver were transplanted to Pine Flat Res.

Wishon is awesome! I've never seen a smallie in there as well. Shaver has a ton of them though and yes they do take them from shaver to stock Pine Flat and Diamond Valley Lake in Hemet.

I like Courtright too, but it can get really cold up there at night!

Good luck!

Wishon Resevior has some great scenaries!!! I was just up there 2 weeks ago. My wife and I must have C&R about 40 trouts in about 3 hours. I might be up there this weekend again. GOOD LUCK and have a great time out there!!!