Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poking between classes

Default Poking between classes

I woke up today and noticed that the low tide today occured right during the gap between psychology and physics...poking it was! and it was a good choice too because i finally ended up with some sort of results!!!! I caught 1 large monkey face, 2 small cabs, and 1 gobey-looking fish. I also learned today that barnacles are sharp. I think i am finally learning what bites feel like when poke-poling.

monkey-faced eel, released after i took the picture

the hole i pulled my first cabbie out of

ouch

i'll be at again later this week

Sweet, I always want to try that!

so sick......you lucky basterd, do you go to Pomona SLO? All we had in Pomona was a pond filled with ducks, turtles and koi.

So....i guess i dont get it. Is this the sport of scrambling around on rocks and sticking your arm in dark holes, like noodling? Just trying to figure this one out. Thats an aweseome fish though!

What he did was got a PVC pipe, attached a coat hanger to it and on the CURVE of the coat hanger(the part you use to hang) he attached a short fishing line with a hook attached to it and you place the line and hook in small crevices during low tide in very rocky areas and as soon as you feel something you pull on on the "rod" and pull out all sorts of crap. There are pictures from another forum of LINGS! being pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyeman View Post
    so sick......you lucky basterd, do you go to Pomona SLO? All we had in Pomona was a pond filled with ducks, turtles and koi.

Thats not entirely true. The duck pond has carp in it, and I may or may not have taken a pen rod and bread from the salad bar to the duck pond after a late night physics lab and gone carpin.

So for the Eels do you cut the line or unhook the them?

I've never hear of "poking" style fishing... but I must admit, it look pretty interesting. Nice job.

Thats awesome man! thanks for taking some pics this time...I look forward to some more poking reports!

Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    Thats not entirely true. The duck pond has carp in it, and I may or may not have taken a pen rod and bread from the salad bar to the duck pond after a late night physics lab and gone carpin.

Strangely enough they sell those rod pens at Bed Bath and Beyond. Funny thing is I attented Cal Poly for couple years and had NO CLUE that the PUDD was right off the 57

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast