Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacked by Pit Bulls at the Lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    I think he meant golden retrievers.
    I know what he meant, Just trying to say, that its not just Pitbuls that attack. I dont think you know what i meant.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.
    Well the Labrador Retriever is the #1 breed follow by the Golden Retriever so I'm sure they will list high on confrontations.

Do you have those stats. I can't find any showing the Retriever that high.

When it come to attacks involving injury,maiming, or death the Pit far out numbers the #2 Rot

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Atta...%20Clifton.pdf

omg brother....wow...i dont know what to say man....

IMO (and i dont CARE who gets p**ed at me for saying this), they should make owning pit bulls in CA, or anywhere, ILLEGAL!!! Those dogs scare the HELL out of me, especially for this reason.....my kids....I dont wanna hear "Oh, its the owners fault for raising them mean"....etc....WAY too many of these pos dogs hurting/killing people and other things....thats an absolute nightmare what capt just went thru....BAN THOSE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GD

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.
    that might be true man...but I highly doubt that if a retriver got ahold of someone/something, that it wouldnt let go if you hit it once or twice...look at EVERYTHING capt did, and the dog STILL wouldnt let go.....

When we lived in Fountain Valley, we lived next door to a girl who had a pit...it was the SWEETEST dog, believe me....but with that BREED, if it decided to attack....dont even want to think about it.....

GD

My opinion on that breed is extreeeeemly negative.
    I think they should be eradicated and outlawed. Period!!!!
    I will not get into a pissing match about it either...

Im sorry for your encounter.
    I feel bad about your daughters trauma. It should have never happened.
    You are very lucky it turned out as good as it did.

Wow, Captain!!! That was terrible. I thought that was just some made up story with a "late April fools" at the end of it. I need to be more prepared when walking my dogs from here on out.

huskerrod

A lot of ignorance and hatred in this thread....to bad!

I appreciate all the well wishes. I have been keeping her busy this weekend with other things. Suck thing is I just bought her her first tube and we planned on going today....shes not real interested right now..in time. Like Nessie said this isnt a pissing match about "blaming the owner" or "blaming the breed" .Its easy to say "dont blame the breed" when it wasnt YOUR 10 year old who was trampeld by the dogs on their way to my dog. Its easy to say "just one of those things" when it wasnt you who was fighting this machine trying to save your dog and risking your own life. At anytime this beast could of turned on me , the guard, or any of the many people who witnessed it. It IS shame it happened. If I had a gun...or a knife...that dog surly wouldnt be alive today to harm anything else. As far as sueing her...really out of the question..she has nothing. Lives in a trailer near the lake. I would be just chasing a rainbow for any financial damages. It is interesting tho to see people come to bat for these monsters...sorta amazing. I mean its your life ...if you want to have a pet Gorilla and take it for walks in public places where children frolic...you will have to answer to the majority of the people if your Gorilla acts up. Sorta a strange analogy but after what we went thru...I will definately have some beter protection at all times. The lake wont ban certain breeds...they will just try to enforce the leash laws a bit better...That not too comforting to my dog thats laid out in the back with open wounds on his neck. YES...I am angry...at the owner, the dogs and the breed. She was in no position to restrain 2 pits if the need arose...It arose and now I have to deal with my daughters nightmares and nurse my best friend back to health.

C.C.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Wow! You know I try to say over and over in my mind that it is not the dog breed, but the owner's fault when there is a dog attack and a person or another dog is injured, but please tell me why these attacks almost always involve Pitt Bulls? "He's friendly."... "She wouldn't hurt a flea" "He just loves kids"....Bull sh*t! Do you hear of almost weekly attacks by Labs? No. Shepards? No. Golden Retrievers? No. Rottweilers? No. Not even Dobies. 9 times out of 10 it involves Pitt Bulls! WTF? There are so many people, especially young macho guys that get a PB puppy because they are a bad *** breed and think they will look cool walking that killing machine. DSAP!
    Well said ! My thoughts exactly. KILL ALL F#%KING PIT BULLS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Castaic View Post
    I appreciate all the well wishes. I have been keeping her busy this weekend with other things. Suck thing is I just bought her her first tube and we planned on going today....shes not real interested right now..in time. Like Nessie said this isnt a pissing match about "blaming the owner" or "blaming the breed" .Its easy to say "dont blame the breed" when it wasnt YOUR 10 year old who was trampeld by the dogs on their way to my dog. Its easy to say "just one of those things" when it wasnt you who was fighting this machine trying to save your dog and risking your own life. At anytime this beast could of turned on me , the guard, or any of the many people who witnessed it. It IS shame it happened. If I had a gun...or a knife...that dog surly wouldnt be alive today to harm anything else. As far as sueing her...really out of the question..she has nothing. Lives in a trailer near the lake. I would be just chasing a rainbow for any financial damages. It is interesting tho to see people come to bat for these monsters...sorta amazing. I mean its your life ...if you want to have a pet Gorilla and take it for walks in public places where children frolic...you will have to answer to the majority of the people if your Gorilla acts up. Sorta a strange analogy but after what we went thru...I will definately have some beter protection at all times. The lake wont ban certain breeds...they will just try to enforce the leash laws a bit better...That not too comforting to my dog thats laid out in the back with open wounds on his neck. YES...I am angry...at the owner, the dogs and the breed. She was in no position to restrain 2 pits if the need arose...It arose and now I have to deal with my daughters nightmares and nurse my best friend back to health.

C.C.

Very well said! Glad to hear she's keeping busy and I'm sure with you at her side she will get through it. I totally understand your anger and the lady ABSOLUTELY should not have been out with those dogs. I can't say what I would have done in your position but I would have been hell bent to kill those damn dogs. I wasn't attempting to make things a "pissing contest". I'm just one of those owners that understand my dog and although I say my dog wouldn't hurt a soul I also wouldn't put him in a situation like that where there is a potential for confrontation. It's just not a good situation for anyone at that point.

I hope your daughter gets through this and is able to get back to fishing at her fathers side. I wish your best friend a speedy recovery and I hope he is able to get back to where he was as well.

Tight Lines and god bless

RRTGuy

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast