Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacked by Pit Bulls at the Lagoon

I'm glad to hear that you, your dog, and daughter escaped harm and lived. Shame on the lady for improperly keeping her dogs in control. God bless you and that your dog get well soon.

A-ph@cking-mazing!! I'm really sorry to hear this tragic story. There are certain things I cherish in life and that's my wife, 2 boys and my faithful dog who's stuck by me for 12 long years. If anything were to happen to any of them it would be tragically disastrous.

I'm super amazed that they did not remove her dogs on the spot. Idiots like her should not keep dogs who are known to be vicious. The breed is somewhat to blame, mainly they're equipped to be killing machines...but with proper training they can be docile dogs and make great pets.

Personally, I'd take action to furthest extent of the law. I'd do everything in my power to have them removed and re-located (not killed) to a home that can properly care for them. On top of that I'd take my child (your daughter) to see a counselor and have her this crap out of her system. However many sessions it takes, she needs to let it out and understand that these things happen and that she's not to blame herself or anyone else for the events. Crap like this sticks to kids and we don't even realize it. Sure, counseling can be expensive, but hell the idiot owner should be liable for funding these costs as well.

I commend you for your actions, and for keeping your composure. Being stuck between the safety of your dog and your child is a tough position to be in. Thank God for the lifeguard who came to help!

Sorry to hear your tragic story. Good luck!

wow... i cant believe they didn't take the dogs. They attacked YOU.

glad that nothing happened to you or your kid. Cant really blame it on the breed. it comes down to the owner not having control of her dogs.

Did her dog get sent to the vet???

Ya, Pitbuls have attacked my dogs also. Its a scary moment, and you fear for your dogs live. But My dogs aren't small and fight back when there in harm. My dogs are very behaved and always will run along any other dog to play. One of my dogs is a Caucasian Ovcharka and the other a red nose pitbul. I never get involved when my dogs are attacked because i know they can handle them selves. When im alone with my pitbul, I'm a little scared because it sometimes cant fight back cuz its small compared to my other dog and is A lot weaker but is very behaved.
    I hope your dog recovers and your daughter forgets any of that ever happend. I cant even imagine how terrified a child will be. Get a Caucasian Ovcharka, Perfect guard dog and very sweet around the family but also Very aggressive when in harm.

Dude after reading that I'm glad your lab is ok I don't know what I would do if the same thing happened to my Golden. Best wishes for both your dog and daughter.

Wow! You know I try to say over and over in my mind that it is not the dog breed, but the owner's fault when there is a dog attack and a person or another dog is injured, but please tell me why these attacks almost always involve Pitt Bulls? "He's friendly."... "She wouldn't hurt a flea" "He just loves kids"....Bull sh*t! Do you hear of almost weekly attacks by Labs? No. Shepards? No. Golden Retrievers? No. Rottweilers? No. Not even Dobies. 9 times out of 10 it involves Pitt Bulls! WTF? There are so many people, especially young macho guys that get a PB puppy because they are a bad *** breed and think they will look cool walking that killing machine. DSAP!

Make sure you have her pay your vet bills, my Chihuahua was attacked by a large pit last year while my mom was walking him, I get a phone call saying he's been attacked. Grab a stick and make a dash towards the area. My dog had a crushed pancreas, had to trim his intestine, internal bleeding, $3000 for the owner of that dog. He had a 40% chance of living, but he made it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Wow! You know I try to say over and over in my mind that it is not the dog breed, but the owner's fault when there is a dog attack and a person or another dog is injured, but please tell me why these attacks almost always involve Pitt Bulls? "He's friendly."... "She wouldn't hurt a flea" "He just loves kids"....Bull sh*t! Do you hear of almost weekly attacks by Labs? No. Shepards? No. Golden Retrievers? No. Rottweilers? No. Not even Dobies. 9 times out of 10 it involves Pitt Bulls! WTF? There are so many people, especially young macho guys that get a PB puppy because they are a bad *** breed and think they will look cool walking that killing machine. DSAP!
    you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    you do know statistically speaking, the most dog attacks are from retrievers... but it is weird that you almost always hear pitbull.
    ya, that is very true. Its almost always the owners fault. They raise the dogs thinking they know what there doing and all of a sudden, There dog ends up killing another dog or something. My Cousins German Shepard has killed 3 small dogs in the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by trashetanush View Post
    ya, that is very true. Its almost always the owners fault. They raise the dogs thinking they know what there doing and all of a sudden, There dog ends up killing another dog or something. My Cousins German Shepard has killed 3 small dogs in the past 4 years.
    I think he meant golden retrievers.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast