Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacked by Pit Bulls at the Lagoon

Default Attacked by Pit Bulls at the Lagoon

I just wanted to share a horrific story of what happend to me at the goon yesterday on Friday. I was there with my yellow lab and my 10 year old daughter to check on my fellow tubers and get dsome fresh air. We were sitting on the shore near Paradise Cove when I hear a lady screaming.."Pick up your dog!!!" I'm like what?!?! I look over and her 2 pit bulls are making a b-line towards me and my daughter and dog. By the grace of god my daughter escaped injury and ran up the hill behind tree point. One pit grabbed my dog (yellow lab) by the neck and drove him into the water and was basically snuffing him out. I HAD MY DOG ON A LEASH....and was trying to pull my dog up from under the water and it came off. The f 'ing pit wouldnt let go. I began to whip and kick this beast in the face and groin to no avail...I thought my dog was gonna die man. I exhausted myself kicking this piece of crap. The owner..a woman..was just crying and yelling. NO HELP AT ALL. Then as if sent from heaven the lifeguard pulls up in a hurry and hops out with his oar..I said "Hit it hit it" He began to crack this pit on the head over and over. No effect. At this point my dog is getting exhausted and losing his strength....his yelping was less as if he was almost done in...getting choked out. On the next crack to the skull the oar split in like 5 pieces. The lifeguard then grabs a 3 foot shard and begin to stab the pit in the belly and ribs..FINALLY he lets my dog go! But it wasnt over. My dog scampers away and the pit turns on me...I grabbed a shank of the oar and began to pummel this beast in the face. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Each hit he was grabbing at the stick and stepping closer. The ***** owner then yells for me to stop hitting her dog?!?!? I said in the heat of battle" F YOU! i'm gonna kill your dog and landed one last shot to its eyes. Bleeding and now finally hurting he scampered away. Now my daughter at this point is totally tramatized and screaming for me to save our dog....man I had tears of rage in my eyes. Still not over tho..I look to see where my dog is and the other pit was chasing him acroos Paradise cove towards the lot. The lifeguard and I take off after them and luckily the 2nd pit pulled off and ran back to the lady who finally had control of the first one. I picked up my dog and put him in my truck. He was soaking wet from the lake now and bleeding from the neck. My daughter who witnessed this horrific scene was so histerical I had to calm her down before I could deal with the owner. My daughter was afraid of our dog now , afraid to get in the truck and see what happened. I dont blame her. So the life guard then calls the police and animal control. They told me they cant take her dogs as they didnt bite a human..I was like well they could of dismembered my daughter for gods sake...would you take them then?!?! He understood my rage and ticketed her 4 times for 90 dollars each. Dogs off leash and vicious dogs in public place of something. So that cost her 360.00 dollars. At that point she changed her tune and became apologetic. The lifeguard saw the whole thing...how she let go of one dogs leash to take a pic of the other. It was then the bigger pit took off for us on the point. This was the most terrifying experience for me , my daughter, and of course my dog. The owner agreed to pay for his vet bill and I rushed him to Saugus energency room. He has multiple punture wounds on his neck and a host of meds to take but should be ok... HIS VET BILL WAS 255.00.We all all very lucky it turned out this way. Could of been alot worse.
    I will commend the Lifeguard John Velasquez at our next Friends of Castaic Lake meeting. He saved at least my dogs life. A tuber..John was there and came forward as a witness if needed.
    This lady had no business being in the park with vicious pit bulls. It could have killed anyone of our pets or worse yet...children.
    I will hope to change the laws at the lake concernig vicious breeds, If I get it my way they will be forbidden on the property but we all know there will be some group saying this was an isolated incident..I say to you...bring your little girl down to the lake and see what " might" happen if these monsters are walking the same shoreline.

We are all safe and my dog will survive. Keep your eyes out when you can...

Captain Castaic
    Last edited by Captain Castaic; 05-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.

i would sue that bi#** if i was you. i am happy to hear that everyone is ok. i will have my bait knife with me for sure.

wow thats phuckin crazy!!! sorry you and your daughter and your dog had to experience that...

dam,i got goose bumps after reading your report,specially when kids are involved.I would of thought that mountain lions,bears,or even snakes,would be something to worry about when one goes fishing but not someone pets..
    Glad everyone will be ok..

She should be locked up and the dogs taken from her! If you have no control over your animals they should not be there! What happens next time If they attack someone and KILL them. Makes me sad that anyone should have to go through that,especially a young child.

yeah. thank god your daughter was not involved in the attack. although im sure she was traumatized by what she saw..if you cant control your dogs, then you shouldn't take them out with the public.

I woulda used the oar on the Bitttch *** owner

Don't blame the breed!!! Blame that **** of an owner they had!!!!!! I'm terribly sorry for what has happened to you. Having young children myself I totally understand. I'm just very defensive of my dog's breed when IGNORANT PEOPLE are allowed to own these dogs without understanding and being able to control them. F***ING idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

I hope your daughter and you get through this without any more problems. I still can't believe they didn't take those dogs!!! THATS BS!!

Sue her, get her dogs taken away, and make her life a living hell. Dumbasses like that have no business with vicious dogs. I agree that the breed cannot be to blame, even though they do cause the majority of vicious dog attacks. Theres no reason to walk your ******* dogs if you can't even control them. I would've ******* killed her dogs and say I was defending what's precious to me. Seems like you handled the situation pretty well.

If you DO plan on taking legal action against her....don't divulge too much info on the internet, at least until after your day (days) in court...just some friendly advice...

Horrible story to read, Im sorry you and your daughter had to go through such a horrific experience doing something so fun...

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast