Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Faith in humanity.......RESTORED!

Default Faith in humanity.......RESTORED!

So I was just at the grocery store buying cat food to feed my babies, and the checkout lady was asking everyone if they wanted to buy flowers for mom for Mothers Day.
    I scathingly looked at her and responded "she died last year". Poor checkout lady was all of a fluster.
    Got my cat food and stomped off quite grumpily. As I was opening my car door, I heard a lady saying "excuse me". I turned around, and her and her daughter handed me a bunch of white roses and said that they'd overheard and it must be a rough time for me and they hoped the roses would make me feel a bit better.
    I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I turned around, and her and her daughter handed me a bunch of white roses.....

I cried.
    Heart warming to say the least!!!
    Got a little 'rain in the eye' here also....

You just never know?
    Who would believe there are still good/caring folks out there.
    (and in Calif to boot)!!!!

There realy are good people out there Sue, I knew you would find that out. Thinking of u on Mom's day.....OFG

I was stunned and shocked, to say the least but it really made my day.

I needed to read something like that...thanks.

TD

Agreed =^^= Always nice to hear stories like that =)

Speaking of good people.Most of the most recent people I met that were good I met off of here.Happy mother's day !

Sue, That was very nice of the lady to do that for you. I am glad you were at the lake today. Hope you got your limit of trout.

That was a beautiful story Sue. Sorry I didn't get to go out today. I was just telling Patrick(a PM) the story. I'll try and make it shorter. I rented a Rug Doctor Friday,to clean that evening and finished up on Saturday and would be ready on Sunday for the Vine. I took a friend shopping Saturday for about 3 hrs. or more,walking and walking Downtown L.A. I was too tired to finish any carpet. I keep the machine an extra day(Sunday) to finish. Got ready to pay for the extra say,the cashier said "Happy Mother's Day" you do not have to pay for the extra day. I was so happy. That was not a short story,uh?
    I received a lrg. beautiful vase of white roses from Armando and a beautiful card, I got teary eyed. My Mom passed a way a little before your Mom.
    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Sue, I did. Cindy