Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 game suspension for Manny

Default 50 game suspension for Manny

What else does 2009 have in store....

Amazing breaking news from the Los Angeles Times: Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended 50 games starting Thursday, The Times has learned. The test result and suspension is expected to be announced later Thursday. The Dodgers informed Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul he was being promoted to Los Angeles.

Manroid v A-Roid

TD

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa !! What an idiot !:rofl:

"sigh"

TD

Default SoCaldamus......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Nostra-SoCal-damus better than SoCalGammons...!!!!!!!!

05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
    SoCalGuy7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by City Dad
    Hey, when you're right you're right... taming the NLWest is like taming a box of free kittens...

I don't expect that the Cards or the Phils will allow themselves to be Happy Valley-ed the way the Pads and the Rockies have...

and Weaver back in the rotation? Bleh...

TD, I don't have time to search the threads there was plenty of myopia going on last year when you best player manroid came to the HOOD, I mean LA!

I'm sorry myopia is a hard word for you and you had to look it up.....sorry sista!

AND

05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
    SoCalGuy7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by troutdog
    All I recall hearing was you and DarkShadow making Manny rental comments the 2nd half of the season and how he was only going to be a Dodger for a couple months....once again YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Thanks SoCalGammons!

TD

At least you are realizing it...finally...

It's been discussed at length...you might want to check, there is a small economy problem in the nation and even "can't run with a hat on" mrs. ramirez didn't get the contract he wanted....no one else wanted him, you win again by default....

He was probably taking the Female Hormones to get his "HAIR WEAVE ON"

Like a guy said on an interview, it is clearly written in English and Spanish, this is what you can take, this is what you CANNOT take.....

He has probably been taking this stuff for years!
    Otherwise why would he have hidden it?

SCG7

Needless to say this whole thing just sickens me....the conversation I had with my daughter about it is something I will probably never forget. In a n utshell when I explained it Lil TD replied "What? He did that? He was my favorite player next to Jackie Robinson!"

IMO at the end of the season the MLB should announce "anyone testing positive for PEDs from this point forward will be banned from the game." PERIOD. Quite honestly looking at all the football players on Sunday leads me to believe that sport has an even worse problem.

Been reading quite a few articles and thought this quote was a gem:

"The game endures because the game is ultimately what’s great, not the individuals that play it"

SCG7.....Maybe Carlos Quentin can get on some fertility drugs too, his missing bat this week is killin my fantasy team!

TD

IMO at the end of the season the MLB should announce "anyone testing positive for PEDs from this point forward will be banned from the game." PERIOD.

TD[/QUOTE]

Agreed. When a team brings in a trouble maker it does not usually chage the persons character. The Dodgers set themselves up for the fall and now they get to suffer for it. Manny will still get his millions eventhough he is costing the team dearly. I think the contracts should be void if a player pops on a drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by joe man View Post
    IMO at the end of the season the MLB should announce "anyone testing positive for PEDs from this point forward will be banned from the game." PERIOD.

TD
    Agreed. When a team brings in a trouble maker it does not usually chage the persons character. The Dodgers set themselves up for the fall and now they get to suffer for it. Manny will still get his millions eventhough he is costing the team dearly. I think the contracts should be void if a player pops on a drug test.[/QUOTE] ah whatever Manny will load up on the roids on the off time. The whole time spittin water like HHH. Just waiting to prove anyone wrong. He will stop just in time to take a pp test. Comeout steaming like a raging bull hit like 500 or so with 20 plus jacks. His old helmet will not fit cuz his head size will grow to an insane size. Blood vessels will explode from all the roids he will eat from breakfast. Cant wait.

Fishingbee july 3rd is less than a couple months away. Maybe the Dodgers can schedule a few double headers plat two games a day reduce the time. Just a thought.

OK he owned up to the roids very quickly and doesn't fight the suspension. Let me curiously wonder what else he tested positive for and is being kept quiet for taking the quick rap of course this IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    OK he owned up to the roids very quickly and doesn't fight the suspension. Let me curiously wonder what else he tested positive for and is being kept quiet for taking the quick rap of course this IMHO.
    he didn't own up to roids but instead claimed his doctor gave him ladies pills for his wilting weeny. His agent knew an appeal would just delay the innevitable and understood that missing the middle third of the season would be less of a PR mess than missing the end of the season.

I don't think any details are beign withheld. The kabuki theater which is MLB's policy on perfromenc-enhancers finally requires a "real" example be made to maintain any illusion of legitimacy - and Manny is the first S-for-brains who matters to whiz hot (perhaps Albert Pujols really is smarter than Manny - a dubious honor at best.) so, the pressue is on the make this the Mother of All Wrist-Slaps.

Manny - what an obsecenly gifted crapweasle.
    Last edited by City Dad; 05-08-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Found this on Google and had to update it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast