Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LATE Report April 15-16 Palo Verde 48 pounder!

Default LATE Report April 15-16 Palo Verde 48 pounder!

So it took me a while to get the pics from my dad. But the old man and I headed down to Blythe for the first flathead trip of the year. Launched out of Walters Camp Weds. evening and headed to our spot. Conditions were windy and a bit colder than we thought it would be. At about 9:00 pm though my pole took off and I had a real nice run on a 10 pounder. Not another fish that night. Let me tell you, fishing was tough. After looking for bait all day we settled into our next spot for the night. Finally at 1 am by dads pole takes off and he knew it was a BIG fish. It was my dads Personal Best Flathead after fishing down there for 20+ years. We caught one more at about 8 pounds that night. All in all it was a great trip. Nothing like being down on the Colorado spending quality time with my dad. Catching fish is just a plus.

Dad

Me and my 18 month old.

Tootsie

Family Shot

Default Super Fish

Glad to see you have luck on the river. How windy was it and where did you launch at? Low dsrt Jon

Very nice!!!!

Thats the business right there good going on the cat for your dad. And I totally agree, nothing like spending time on the water with your dad. I miss those days.

B

Hey thanks a lot JENSEN and Brian. As for you Mr. Low dsrt Jon the wind was pretty bad those two days off and on. But that was also a few weeks ago. And as for where we launched, we put in at Walters Camp. It south of Palo Verde.

Default Congrats

Very very nice fish. Nothi
    Last edited by Catrack77; 11-19-2014 at 04:31 PM.

beautiful cats....great to see people spending quality time with their parents...nice pics. also

Nice catch! Also nice to share a great experience with your dad.