Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a boat...

Default Recommend me a boat...

Hello, I want to go out off a boat in the ocean. I was wondering what boat you recommend? I was wanting spitfire but i see its been sold and the new boat is The Tradion with the same crew. So if you can share your input and recommendation that would be appreciated. Either i will go Thursday or Friday, not sure yet. I want either a 3/4 or full day boat depending on price difference...

Thank you.
    Eddie
    Last edited by lalo56; 05-04-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    Hello, I want to go out off a boat in the ocean. I was wondering what boat you recommend? I was wanting spitfire but i see its been sold and the new boat is The Tradion with the same crew. So if you can share your input and recommendation that would be appreciated. Either i will go Thursday or Friday, not sure yet. I want either a 3/4 or full day boat depending on price difference...

Thank you.
    Eddie
    I would recommend the TRADITION if in fact its the old Spit crew...BUT, the Spitfire crew is also pretty good...you cant go wrong with either boat....

GD

The Tradition is not running yet! It is undergoing some renovations, and should be up soon.

I think GD can send you somewhere nice!

Default ...

http://www.chubasco2.com/

GREAT CREW ... has ALWAYS come thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm....what do u want to catch? If u want to go to catalina i would recommend pursuit out of 22nd street. make sure U ask them if they are going to cat when u call ur reservation. If you want to stay local...id say go with the spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing...counts arent awesome but they ARE catching fish locally. If u dont mind the drive, you can go up to Ventura for the Coroloma and get on some quality rockfish. You can also go south and get on a 3/4 out of seaforth for a chance at some yellows...If I had to choose I would go for a 3/4 to SD..Check out the fish counts and see what you want to do. http://976tuna.com/frontpage.php

Dont forget to let us know how you do. Good luck!

-Vic

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    hmmmm....what do u want to catch? If u want to go to catalina i would recommend pursuit out of 22nd street. make sure U ask them if they are going to cat when u call ur reservation. If you want to stay local...id say go with the spitfire out of Marina Del Rey Sportfishing...counts arent awesome but they ARE catching fish locally. If u dont mind the drive, you can go up to Ventura for the Coroloma and get on some quality rockfish. You can also go south and get on a 3/4 out of seaforth for a chance at some yellows...If I had to choose I would go for a 3/4 to SD..Check out the fish counts and see what you want to do. http://976tuna.com/frontpage.php

-Vic
    That i wont do till i get warmer waters...

Whats better "the pursuit" or "The Tradition"

Im going off San Diego later in the year when waters are warmer but right now i just want the best bite and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLover View Post
    http://www.chubasco2.com/

GREAT CREW ... has ALWAYS come thru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks but i kinda want it local cause i have a small vacation. I dont want to drive all the way to San Diego at this time. Once its warmer i will.

That i wont do till i get warmer waters...

Whats better "the pursuit" or "The Tradition"

Im going off San Diego later in the year when waters are warmer but right now i just want the best bite and crew.
    Like I said, the Tradition isn't up yet, I don't believe.

You might want to stay local if the Barracuda start showing up in good numbers. They have been biting slower down in the SD area, but should be up here soon. For that I would recommend something out of Redondo Sportfishing. The half day boats are the Redondo Special and the City of Redondo.

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post

-Vic
    Im not leaning to the pursuit... My brother just went off that and got a "decent" amount of fish but i was dissapointed on their catch. But the Captain told them its been slow and he will try to get them on the fish.
    By decent i mean like 5 fish... 1 nice mackarel
    Last edited by lalo56; 05-04-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Im not leaning to the pursuit... My brother just went off that and got a "decent" amount of fish but i was dissapointed on their catch. But the Captain told them its been slow and he will try to get them on the fish.
    By decent i mean like 5 fish... 1 nice mackarel
    u got bri all fired up now!!

GD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast