Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: havasu 4-30 to 5-3

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post
    Here are some pics to remenice a bit

jeff
    Thanks for the Pictures! Havasu truly is one of the most beautiful lake around (IMO). Nothing's better, as far as I'm concerned... Man I miss being out camping all alone in a nice secluded camp spot there at the lake just chillin! My wife and I have 1 camp spot that is so awesome, whenever we went we'd stay in a room at the island inn and get up at first sun to get out there and get the spot. Man I miss that place!

I hear they work great! I have some but didn't get them 'til after the derby last year. I will definitly use them this year.The BOOYAA guys,Kevin and Dave, used them last year and caught all of thier fish on them including the 9lbr they got the last day.

I use something very similar to this (http://www.crazyfisherman.com/fishamatic.html) that I designed myself. Then when I found this I was PISSED that I didn't think to get it out to people to use LOL. Works like a charm and I make em myself so they are SUPER cheap.

Looks like a great time guys. Weather didn't look too bad either. Congratulations on the elusive Havasu crappie. Nice Work. Talk to you next week.

we decided to hit up a spot i like at Havasu Springson Fri. We pulled up to find stripers stacked,but unwilling to eat.We fired up the trolling motor and headed into the no wake area around the bird island.I'm throwing my all time favorite crank and Kris is throwing an underspin toward shore.I hook up first with a nice smallie that comes unbuttoned at the boat.Kris then sets the hook on a nice crappie (her first crappie ever) and i get excited to get into a school of them,never happens.

Jensen, Birdisland and the back coves have a lot of Black Crappie at times.
    The record Colorado River Waters Black Crappie was taken off the public fishing dock at the Springs,
    We dumpen in a ton of Crappie condos all thru this area ,plus other fish habitat.
    The slot up to the AZ pumping station produces at times.

Ole frog made some of the Blue Heron nests on Birdisland years ago.

The spot your fishing I have caught a lot of fish in thes area .
    Hap Bennett leveled the island in the background (BLM Land ) put on the mobils and sold them.One rents the land from the consessioner 90 % of the Springs is BLM land.

Nice reoprt, do you ever fish question mark cove ? (local name )
    It is a constant producer
    ta ta ole frog

im sure i have (been fishing that place for almost 20 yrs) but do not recognize the name "question mark cove" i would be interested i knowing where it is if you are willing to pm me with the location. we are leaving around 2:00 am tomorrow and will keep posting so those coming down know what to expect.

thanks,jeff

My partner and I will be fishing the derby. We have been fishing there for the past three weeks. Striper's are very slow, haven't seen it like this in 6 years.

We got into some very small ones at the buoy line. Using cut bait, we also got several cats. They really seem to biting right now.

We meter lots of fish, just can't get them hooked up.

Good luck to all in the Derby next week.

Cool pics. making my first trip in less than a week. Cannot wait. Thanks

im sure i have (been fishing that place for almost 20 yrs) but do not recognize the name "question mark cove" i would be interested i knowing where it is if you are willing to pm me with the location. we are leaving around 2:00 am tomorrow and will keep posting so those coming down know what to expect.

thanks,jeff
    Jensen sorry for the late comeback when you come out of outer harbor Havasu Springs.
    This cove is the one to the port of the shallow water
    bouy across the lake. I think it is a local name the snowbirds gave it .
    I don't know if you know Noland or Oz they fish this area often. Both have great knowledge of this area of the lake.
    Both snowbirds and fish in the winter for 25 or 30 years
    ole frog has fished this area for years .
    The island ( under water mid lake ) south of Cattail Cove is a good producer at times.
    ta ta ole frog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12