Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick River trip with friends

Default Get off your soapbox Pnutty

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about Mr. Pnutty. You said yourself you haven't fished for them. That in itself tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It seems you are singling out Desert Cat and just trying to cause trouble. I myself have been going to the river with parents since I was in diapers. My father has fished for flathead down there for 25 years. In my lifetime I have seen countless 20 to 40 pound flathead taken from that river by family and friends, Ive pulled in a few myself. If you do your reading these flathead can become an invasive species. They were introduced to the Colorado river years ago below the Parker Damn and have flourished. Believe me or not, there is no shortage of these big fish.

Im sure you have seen my report I posted today from a couple weeks ago. How come you haven't attacked my thread?????? You think after 25 years thats the first 40 pounder my dad has pulled out of there.

Desert Cat is not in any way breaking any rules. And has every right to keep every trophy he lands. If you don't like it, don't open your mouth and stay away from his threads.

One last thing about your comments on taking the "good genes out of the pool" are completely wrong and stupid. And if you think your gonna just head down our way and just "pull one in" your wrong.
    Last edited by Astrolux; 05-08-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    Obviously you don't know what you are talking about Mr. Pnutty. You said yourself you haven't fished for them. That in itself tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It seems you are singling out Desert Cat and just trying to cause trouble. I myself have been going to the river with parents since I was in diapers. My father has fished for flathead down there for 25 years. In my lifetime I have seen countless 20 to 40 pound flathead taken from that river by family and friends, Ive pulled in a few myself. If you do your reading these flathead can become an invasive species. They were introduced to the Colorado river years ago below the Parker Damn and have flourished. Believe me or not, there is no shortage of these big fish.

Im sure you have seen my report I posted today from a couple weeks ago. How come you have attacked my thread?????? You think after 25 years thats the first 40 pounder my dad has pulled out of there.

Desert Cat is not in any way breaking any rules. And has every right to keep every trophy he lands. If you don't like it, don't open your mouth and stay away from his threads.

One last thing about your comments on taking the "good genes out of the pool" are completely wrong and stupid. And if you think your gonna just head down our way and just "pull one in" your wrong.
    lol..first off Astro, If you can't understand where I'm coming from you don't know what you're talking about... I'm not singling HIM out..He did that himself! ..The dudes the flatcat reaper man!..lmao.. He's GOOD at what he does..that makes him a danger to the population..lol.. I want there to be some big fish left for you and your pop to pull on!

...And I said I don't fish them.. Like I don't chase them full time like a lot of these guys do..I'm into bass..That DOES NOT mean I couldn't go down there and drowned a bluegill with the best of em!! LMAO..

..And the reason I didn't say anything in your thread is You and your Pop did nothing wrong. You said that's your pops biggest in 25 years, might be his biggest he ever catches, nothing wrong with keeping that fish.. He's fished his whole life for that fish.. ..But to keep a forty+ pounder every other week makes no sense! Look back on some of the posts..He does have the right to keep them all, does that make it right!? an leave my mouth out of this...

..and good genes ARE past down dude!.. You honestly don't think that big fish don't breed BIG fish?? LMAO C'mon?!....

And to Luckee.. I do fish, and this board has come a lonng way... And if you have video of you releasing a big flat that's as good as it gets! That's all I was wanting DC to do is think about releasing some of those giants he was catching...Ill check for your video now...lol.. Waaaay Impressive...

I guess you better hurry and go "drowned a bluegill" cause people like Desert Cat and my family are taking all the big fish relentlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutty View Post
    Yo Gavin..You don't have to be "passionate" about a certain kind of fish to realize if you kill all the giants(of any specie) you are less likely to catch a big one the next time you go, let alone taking good genes out of the pool (or canal lol) for all the catfish and fisherman to come.. I don't even chase flatheads(but I would like to pull on one if I happen to get down that way) and if DC takes everyone one he catches I'm a lot less likely to hook into a good one if I do get down there (or you for that matter).. I guess I see it as one guy spoiling it for everyone. He obviously has put the time in to learn where and how to getm (which shows HIS passion for them) so you think he would release more of them. Different strokes for different folks I guess..The dude likes catfish, theres nothing wrong with that, but when is enough enough...

..And I never really thought I was guna change anything buuuuut, I bit my tongue for as long as i could.. Its just not right and I know IM not the only one thinking this... just the only one that would say it!!
    Dude get a life. Your just a cry baby hater. Go cry to the DFG and try to change limit laws if you don't like it. Sad you can't appreciate awesome fishing reports.

There are thousands of huge cats in those canals and main river. It's not like he's fishing in a tiny pond that has 3 big fish in it. He's not keeping any bass and he is throwing the 1lb catfish back. I don't see the problem, all I see is a great fishing report.

that is what i call alot of catfish eatin........

just for info the river is absalutly packed with these suckers the heat causes them to be very active and there is plenty of food so they reproduce and grow faster then they would in other places.

second my grandfather had a comercial fishing license and would spend weeks at the river cathing 50-70 lb cats and go sale them and that was over 25 years ago,obviosly it didnt hurt the blood line or population
    third i usualy got for a few days every summer and i have a spot i hit and can catch 10-15 in a day al 10-30 lbs on hot dog lol

Default yup

Quote Originally Posted by occschemguy View Post
    just for info the river is absalutly packed with these suckers the heat causes them to be very active and there is plenty of food so they reproduce and grow faster then they would in other places.

second my grandfather had a comercial fishing license and would spend weeks at the river cathing 50-70 lb cats and go sale them and that was over 25 years ago,obviosly it didnt hurt the blood line or population
    third i usualy got for a few days every summer and i have a spot i hit and can catch 10-15 in a day al 10-30 lbs on hot dog lol
    yup, those sucker grow fast and eat like a pig.

Pnutty,
    why do ppl. blame others for not able to catch big fish. Catching a big fish involve 99% skill and 1% luck. If you don't have them both, you are still not gonna get the big fish. Comparing the fishing pressure to the city lake and reservoir, it's nothing. grow up and get a life hater.

dude. i woulda kept all of them. who really gives a crap. somebody get this nuttsack some tissue.
    call the whambulence

you want some fries w/ that whamburger

wah wah wah...
    if you don't have anything good to say, keep it shut

hell yeah, catfish for days

Default Question: Bluegill to rig

Hi all,

this is my first post, even though I've been reading the forum for a long time.
    I live in the LA area, but once or twice a year we make a 2-3 days trip to the Colorado
    River.
    We cook, sleep under the sky and the most important FISH!
    I always like the reports from Desert Cat and Bluehunter, they really know the science...
    Congrats for that!
    And now my question:
    how you rig the bluegill? Just a simple slider sinker and the leader on a swivel? Or even
    on a floater?
    What is the hook size?

Thanks
    horgaszapacban

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234